Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Does Weakest Link.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Armin's ears :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The Shat has a kind of bravado/swagger that's very much in evidence here, particularly with the "I'm not from Philadelphia" answer. I was expecting applause to happen when he was introduced. In fact the audience should have been made to applaud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Is it me or did Shatner not seem entirely with it? It was like his attention was wandering a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Armin's ears :eek:

No wonder his Ferengi makeup took half as long as other Ferengi characters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Expecting John de Lancie to grow weary of proceedings and say to Anne:
    "Ugh, you are the weakest link...goodbye!" *snaps fingers*

Next thing Anne Robinson knows she's in the delta quadrant wondering what that cube shaped thing coming towards her is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Q looked very nervous when he was introduced :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tasha Yar did not know Voyager....disappointing, was fun though.

LeVar Burtons last answer was epic though.....*pause*.....ante-bellum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I think we can all see why Sheldon hates Wil Wheaton on the big bang theory. But in fairness to Wil, he does not take himself seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Goldstein wrote: »
    Expecting John de Lancie to grow weary of proceedings and say to Anne:
    "Ugh, you are the weakest link...goodbye!" *snaps fingers*

Next thing Anne Robinson knows she's in the delta quadrant wondering what that cube shaped thing coming towards her is.

Or he'd carry her off to a World War III courtroom and take her down a few notches. None of that trademark Q rudeness, what a shame :(
    I think we can all see why Sheldon hates Wil Wheaton on the big bang theory. But in fairness to Wil, he does not take himself seriously.

recursive-wil-wheaton.jpg

:D:D:D

Q can't be that omnipotent, he got Wesley all wrong :p

Wesley_Crusher,_age_25.jpg

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »

Yes very much so, even when answering, he was kinda like "I've got to get the answer right aaaahhh fck, don't want to appear stupid" and then he gave the right answer. Definately had a unique presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

John de Lancie looked straight off the SG1 set.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

the_syco wrote: »
    Yes very much so, even when answering, he was kinda like "I've got to get the answer right aaaahhh fck, don't want to appear stupid" and then he gave the right answer. Definately had a unique presence.

Wonder why he forget to mention he was on DS9? I know he didn't like how Q was portrayed there but still....

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Wonder why he forget to mention he was on DS9? I know he didn't like how Q was portrayed there but still....

He was only in one episode of DS9, there was definately a pause there and a look sideways from him when he left it out. Voy did more damage to his character than DS9 imo.

I just watched the DS9, Q-Less episode. The awesomeness of Q was largely overshadowed by the drearyness of 1st season DS9. The characters wern't developed enough to make us really care how they interacted with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Q was a legend. If anything I wish they made a Q-related movie as opposed to Nemesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

EnterNow wrote: »
    I just watched the DS9, Q-Less episode. The awesomeness of Q was largely overshadowed by the drearyness of 1st season DS9. The characters wern't developed enough to make us really care how they interacted with him

Q was complete and utter rubbish in this episode and the regular DS9 crew all took a back seat to him chasing skirt.

Thank whoever that he never appeared in DS9 again.

Q can't be that omnipotent, he got Wesley all wrong :p

Wesley_Crusher,_age_25.jpg

That was Riker's vision, he got it wrong, he was also uber smug (more than usual) in that episode, especially with the pose he strikes on the bridge. The episode also had some unforgettable dialogue. After Worf punches the Klingon female illusion Geordi says

Worf, is this your idea of sex?
    Worf: This is sex! But I have no place for it in my life now!

Legendary.

Early TNG episode are works are genius.

That was Riker's vision

Correct is was Riker, but with the power of Q...omnipotent power. Can you be wrong when omnipotent? Hmmm...

Correct is was Riker, but with the power of Q...omnipotent power. Can you be wrong when omnipotent? Hmmm...

Even though what is presented to us is all that we can go on, I think, in the context of the entire series, especially AGT, and the Q character in general, that Riker wasn't given omnipotent power but just an element or illusion of it. Q was just experimenting with the crew. That said there is the conspiracy theory that Riker never lost his powers, as indicated in Generations when he says that he doesn't intend on dying to Picard. In any case that could just be how Riker wanted Wesley to look, in the episode where Q teaches the girl the powers of the Q he tells her to picture stuff in her mind and make it real, so Riker had this vision of Wesley as a man and that's what materialised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement