Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC-130 In BF3

Options
  • 24-03-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

So I was thinking to myself today what would be the possibilities of them adding it into the game be. Do ye think they'd include it in one of the DLC's?

It might be overpowered depending on what guns and stuff they have available on it but personally I'd love to see it in the game.It would be very useful in Rush for clearing out objectives or just wreaking havok on the other team in general. What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Dont think it would be very balanced.

A gunship circling around the map, with an array of different guns.

Maybe something in the future could make it possible, but i wouldnt like to so it going down the KillStreak route or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Not sure, could be terrible, imagine it. 1 guy flying, 2 guys shooting, 3 guys repairing! Could make for a nice jet multi-kill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I actually think it would be great, but only if done right.

It could be limited to only the larger maps. The weapons on it should be a MBT tank shell, LAV shells, and something similar to the main weapon on the jet.

I think it would be best having it manned by 2 guys. 1 piloting and 1 switching between weapns, and not manned by 4 with 1 pilot and 3 guys using its weapons at the same time.

I dont think it would be too overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Only if it had no flares and no jamming devices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Lets start a petition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I dont think it would be too overpowered.

Haha! Master sarcasm at it's finest surely?!

No chance a flying tank/IFV with added chaingun would be overpowered, no siree!

They should put nukes in the game too. And dragons!!

Yes the game needs more dragons. I remember saying that quite alot when I went through my skyrimming addiction.

I actually dont think it would be too over powered if done right.

If you think about how many hits it takes to take out a tank, and then add in the fact your going to be up so high. Lower its zoom optics and give the turret limited movement so comms with the pilot would be essential.

As I said if done right it could be very good. Do I think Dice would be able to do it good....No.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The B52 in 42 was mental, doing that again with basically chain guns and artillery would be a rape machine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GTFO and play MW3. BF3 maps are too large, people are too open for fire. Not gonna happen buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How about a big helium filled balloon with a chaingun on the side, that only has iron sights? Would be fun to shoot at :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Could be fun alright, take a map like wake where whoever controls the airfield gets an AC-130 but it starts to take damage if they lose the flag, nerf it enough that it takes serious teamwork to stay in the air and stick a few AA guns around the place too.

Not gonna happen though, DICE would just make it a Death Star :( [or :D depending on your team at the time]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

BF3 maps are too large, people are too open for fire.

Isn't that the whole point? Large maps mean theres less chance of you being killed because everyone is so spread out.Big maps would also mean that the AC130 would be could be attacked from all sides and if that was the case it wouldn't be too difficult to defend against.

GTFO and play MW3. BF3 maps are too large, people are too open for fire. Not gonna happen buddy.

I've never played MW3. Has it got AC-130's? What are they like to fly? What about tanks, has it got tanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

it was awesome in BF2 DC so why not only on MASSIVE maps though

Advertisement