Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights Flashing Hotpoint WF340 washing machine.

Options
  • 24-03-2012 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

The washing machine has stopped working completely with all lights flashing except door locked, pre wash, wash and rinse and spin. Any advice greatly appreciated. To add, last week ALL lights were flashing.... I moved the machine less lights flashed.... moved again machine did 3 washes! This week...machine dead.

Comments

Sounds like it could be worn brushes on the motor, had a similar thing happen to my washing machine last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

ignore the lights at the top of the machine fascia

the ones on the left side from top to bottom , how many are lit and which ones ? top one being light 1 and bottom one light 5 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

All the lights on the left EXCEPT the extra rinse are flashing.

ok , I can't see your machine so if you could put that into numbers I can give you the error code

say in numbers what's flashing start at top light that is number 1 and bottom is number 5

the combination will tell me what the machine is signalling

1, 2,3 and 4 flashing 5 not.

• Advertisement

ok that is fault code f 15

the water isn't draining away quick enough most likely the sump is clogged with debris , clean this out and should run ok for you

I cleared the drain at the front....I removed the large black hose with the plastic clip on it. There was nothing in there except a plastic ball. I presume that ball is supposed to be there ?

ok is the pump working or are you able to check it .

machine is signalling a draining problem so it's either blocked somewhere or pump not working

anuprising wrote: »
    ok is the pump working or are you able to check it .

machine is signalling a draining problem so it's either blocked somewhere or pump not working
    Thanks for all your help. The pump is clear and turning OK. The motor is not showing open circuit. There is no water left in the machine at this stage. I am now throwing my hat at it! Bye bye Hotpoint....Never again!

wouldnt give up , check all wires to pump are intact and not loose ,you said you moved machine before and it started working .
    logical process will find the fault
    also check the pressure switch hose for blockage ,that could cause a false water level indication

• Advertisement
Advertisement