Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Poetry Thread

Options
  • 24-03-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Talking to yourself - first sign of madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Aquila wrote: »
    How would posters feel if we set up an actual thread for people to submit their work,no comments just poetry,wonder would the mods mind?

Why would you want to post stuff to a discussion board but not want it discussed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 crazyhorsecowle

I think it would be a great idea,people could post on the discussion board if wanted discussed.

But there are many people like myself who for a long time would not post ,actually until the last hour in fact!! and it would give people not as confident the opportunity just to write and allow people to read for that enjoyment alone.

Please somebody do it,I would love to partake and read also.
    The love of writing is greater than the want for it to be loved or judged ,
    It is what it is, therefore it would be nice for a change to just let it be written.

We'll have more of you please!!! cheers pal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Please somebody do it,I would love to partake and read also.
    The love of writing is greater than the want for it to be loved or judged ,
    It is what it is, therefore it would be nice for a change to just let it be written.

You've already posted in it. ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78320562#post78320562

• Registered Users Posts: 43 crazyhorsecowle

No way,nice one.Didn't realize. Thanks a mill and the poem you posted in.
    This is a good day!!!
    Question?
    If I have a poem that contains some f ing in it can I post?
    It's nothing major but the poem warrants it being in it as it is how it was written,but I don't want to offend people who don't take it for what it is...
    can you help?
    Thanks again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If I have a poem that contains some f ing in it can I post?
    It's nothing major but the poem warrants it being in it as it is how it was written,but I don't want to offend people who don't take it for what it is...
    can you help?
    Thanks again.

I think most of the people who use this forum are familiar enough with language to know when "bad words" are used to make a point and when they're used just to cause offence.

In most cases it's fairly safe to write a few swears. I only find it a problem when they're used excessively or abusively. That said, I haven't yet managed to work curse-words into any of my own poems.

Advertisement