Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest in learning more about computer security.

Options
  • 23-03-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

So I'm starting to develop more and more of an interest in computer security. A job in this area has always been at the back of my mind, but I never really took the time to learn as much as I could about it because web development took a front seat. I already have a job, so this would be in years to come, I'm still fairly young so I'm not too worried about running out of time.

Now I know that there's no one place to start, as there never is. But does anyone recommend any resources that could help. I'd be mostly interested in books because I've always found them the most in-depth and helpful. I've had a look around and seen a few, but I'd be interested to hear from people who already are working or have a genuine interest in security to recommend any that has maybe helped them?

I'm open to anything, not just books. If anyone has anything they'd like to share, that'd be great.

Edit: Should probably read other threads first. Just found a topic the exact same, so this can be ignored.

Comments

Advertisement