Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compression sports wear

Options
  • 23-03-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Does anyone wear compression shorts? do they make a difference? is it worth paying €80 or €100 for a pair of skins or are cheaper ones just as good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

If you suffer from chafing then they are a good buy. No need to pay that much for them, aldi and lidl have them in from time to time, keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

I've suffered from both groin & hamstring injuries in the last year & I find great releif from the compression shorts now. Without them the hamstring feels very tender when running. When I strike the surface the vibration through the leg will set off the pain in the muscle. The shorts definitely reduce the vibrations & the subsequent pain.

I have the 2XU shorts (€55) & I'm gonna stick with them as they work for me. Just get your sizing right though when you're buying them as I bought a pairs of Skins (size small, same as my 2XU), they are like a pair of tiny hot pants on me, I'd be arrested if I showed up at a race with them on.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

I have a pair of Nike shorts with an inner shorts built in,kind of compression. I certainly notice the difference wearing them as opposed to regular shorts

Compression socks and tops, possibly shorts in Lidl lately. €4 or €5 for the socks. Get there today though, offer a couple of weeks old now. At that price, I just got them without analysing the benefits too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I find them really good, much prefer them to conventional running shorts. The ones I wear are cwx, they're like armour, good quad and hamstring protection. Wear skins for racing as theyre lighter, plus if its a windy day I find that regular shorts cause drag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Have only one pair of shorts that I can guarantee no chaffing on anything longer than a 10mile run, they also have some performance benefits as well imo. Crivit Compression Shorts from Lidl.have them 12 mths now though. When Lidl brought out their running gear 3 weeks ago, the compression shorts were not included. Very dissapointed as im badly in need of a new pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Used the Skins mid tight and didn't find the compression great.Alsoused 2xu full length tights and while the compression was great the stitching cut the inside of my leg on long runs.

Got the Saucony amp compression full length tights and they are unreal,problem is they aren't available in Europe from what i can see.
    Saucony spent so much money designing themthey then didnt have the money to market it.
    Also got the mid tights and l/s top.

http://www.saucony.com/store/SiteController/saucony/subcategory?subCatId=cat1290405&catId=cat10004&trail=1002:cat1290405

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

tunguska wrote: »
    I find them really good, much prefer them to conventional running shorts. The ones I wear are cwx, they're like armour, good quad and hamstring protection. Wear skins for racing as theyre lighter, plus if its a windy day I find that regular shorts cause drag.

+1 on CW-X, there my fall back when I have any niggles, it's like swapping you legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

The compression shorts are good for chaffing problems. I found the stitching inside Lidl's Crivit shorts a bit harsh over long runs so I switched to Skins 400 half tights which i wear under my usual running shorts. On the expensive side but Id highly recommend them. Cant say I noticed any big performance gain but much more comfortable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I have a pair of Nike shorts with an inner shorts built in,kind of compression. I certainly notice the difference wearing them as opposed to regular shorts

Yea they are qutie good, but not everywhere stocks them, not even the nike outlet in kildare village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 willmars

My friend is a good athlete and he always prefers compression shorts at the time of running or cycling. They help for keeping the thigh muscles warm to prevent muscle strain and fatigue. If they offer a better quality then the price is not bad.

Advertisement