Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music therapy

Options
  • 23-03-2012 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

not sure if this is the right area to post this, first-timer to boards.

so my question is to become a music therapist or to be involved in any area professionally in music therapy is the masters in music therapy in UL the only way to go about it.

I have begun a search into getting into this area. i have contacted a related association but still at a loss of other routes available.

I have grade 8 in the flute, associated board, and a lower level in piano. I have an unrelated third level qualification.

Also wondering could i do voluntary work in the mean time? but where and how???

would appreciate any help or directions as to where i should post this if i am in the wrong area. cheers.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

hi, sorry i don't know anyone doing the course, i don't think any use this forum. maybe check the health science forum on this site or send an email off to the music therapy school see what they say. i presume you don't have a nursing background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RDJMPC

Hi Purplesocks

I know the perfect person whom you can contact regarding any questions in this area. Prof. Jane Edwards who happens to lecture / research in UL and is also one of the worlds leading academic music therapists. Whenever I've needed assistance she's always been there to lend a hand. Her email address is jane.edwards@ul.ie.

Advertisement