Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Dripping

Options
  • 23-03-2012 2:18pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Watching a couple of youtube videos latetly, mainly from GrimmGreen and he is a big fan of direct dripping?

Which would be the best atty to get to just try it? apparently the flavour is supposed to be second to none if compared to using a carto/tank type system!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the joye306 gets greast reviews but i didnt really like it when I tried it

there's dual coil atomisers too, i was impressed with them to start with but they didnt keep their flavour well over time

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I can see the +'s for direct dripping, especially when mixing your own juice...instead of having to fill a carto...just drip a few drops, and for trying new juices! :)

aye all I use them for is testing juices, cant be bothered with it for regular vaping
    althouguh that might change whhen I get my RDA, if it's as great as i've been led to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

When sitting down in front of the telly I will sometimes use my 510 atomizer for dripping, with my derlin drip tip. Definitely best for flavour & LOADS of vapour. I also use a 510 atty for testing juices that I do not want mixed in a cartomizer.

The flavour can be very different sometimes. eLiquids are like food in many respects - some food is better hot / well cooked - same for eLiquids some are better vaped hot, others cooler in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

i'v been useing a LR306 i debridged myself,its good for trying new juice but prefare the less hassle of a tank.
    i do get the odd hot spit of juice in my mouth tho,that sounds bad :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Stealthirl wrote: »
    i'v been useing a LR306 i debridged myself,its good for trying new juice but prefare the less hassle of a tank.
    i do get the odd hot spit of juice in my mouth tho,that sounds bad :rolleyes:

The Cannon drip tips are supposed to be good with those atties for that very reason.
    Might pick them up elsewhere other than below....
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/306_Aluminium_Cannon_drip_tip/p705283_5016801.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Hi,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but wanted some advice regarding dripping. Recently purchased 306LR and 510LR dripping atomizer to try this out. Initially on the 510 I was getting great flavour and reasonable vapour for about two draws (4 drops) Bubbling before and burning after. Slightly more consistant performance out of the 306 but nowhere near the same flavour. I generally use them on regular eGo batteries.
    Is this the extent of performance I can expect out of these devices or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Any advice on dripping techniques using either the 306 or 510 would be great - Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Hi,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but wanted some advice regarding dripping. Recently purchased 306LR and 510LR dripping atomizer to try this out. Initially on the 510 I was getting great flavour and reasonable vapour for about two draws (4 drops) Bubbling before and burning after. Slightly more consistant performance out of the 306 but nowhere near the same flavour. I generally use them on regular eGo batteries.
    Is this the extent of performance I can expect out of these devices or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Any advice on dripping techniques using either the 306 or 510 would be great - Thanks
    306lr is my choice when I direct drip. I just prime a fresh atty with 6-7 drops and vape for a couple of minutes. Usually it's enough for 10-12 good puffs, then I just add another 3-4 drops and it's good for another 6 puffs. The same with freshly cleaned atty- you need to prime it with a couple extra drops. Try it. Just blow all the liquid out of the atty, then add 6 or 7 drops and vape until you feel the flavour decreases and add another 3 drops. Imho 306.lr is the best for flavour.

I get a lot of leakage through to the battery using the 306 is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah - the 306 only holds a couple of drops. If you want to drip on a regular basis, you're better off buying something like the Clockworks RDA or Phoenix RDA I'd say. The Clockworks one holds about 15-20 drops and the airhole is on the side rather than at the bottom so there's no leakage to the battery. I've never used the Phoenix but its probably something similar.

• Advertisement

that, or a bottom feeder if you dont want to go down the rebuildable road

but the 306's in particular don't hold much juice as GH was saying

:D was wondering what I might splash some hard saved cash on next

Where can I pick these up btw?

http://clockworks-cornwall.co.uk/

The RDA is ca. 40 euro and easy to rebuild. I think it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The RDA is ca. 40 euro and easy to rebuild. I think it's great.
    It's great, but separating the tube and the bottom piece is at least twice as frustrating as slipping the coil-legs into the Phoenix's posts.

...but dual-coil set-ups are easier and taste nicer (less magma-like heat) in the RDA...

yeah if the rda had a screw on base with an o-ring at the bottom it'd be better imo

it's very very easy to rewick/recoil it.. but you have to get a knife out every time you want to lever the base off to ghet at the coil... kind of gets annoying after a while

now if you get over the fiddling stage.. and you make a coil you'll be happy with for an extended period oftime.. it's not an issue but with me, at least with the rda.. i was forever fiddling with it.

Opening it can be a pain alright but not a disaster either. A screw on/off system would make it easier but probably less robust? For me, the fact that it's so easy to rebuild and gives such a good vape that makes it such a good atty coupled with the fact that it can hold up to a ml of juice.

yeah, one thing I am missing with the bulli is the capacity of the rda but honestly I don't mind all that much taking the drip tip off and dropping 5-6 drops in every now and again

the rda, the bulli a2 classic(stainless steel version), the phoenix are 3 great rebuildable drippers to try out for beginners each with their own advantages/disadvantages although the phoenix's main advantage is it's price.. it doesn't really do anything better than the other two.

Thanks folks. One question tho is the bulli not a tank atomizer?

there's two kinds of bullis (well, more but the focus is on two of them)

the a2 classic comes with a cartomiser/cartridge style filler tank which you soakup the filler material with liquid and then put into the base where the wicks draw the liquid to the coil

you can buy a drip tip adapter from another site which screws into the top of the bulli, so you can use any 510 drip tip on it.. then you dont use the cartridges and just use the bulli as a dripper

then there are the a2-t and a2-tm, both are the same just the a2-tm (tank mega) takes the larger tanks.. these are more in the style of the ego-t, ego-c clear plastic tanks.. they hold 1.6/2ml and the juice is fed to the coil using a mesh spike similar to the ego-c (from what I know of the ego-c anyway)

Advertisement