Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Lunch!

Options
  • 23-03-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Don't suppose anyone found my lunch somewhere on the N4 (I think!) this morning!? It was last seen on the roof of my car in Kilmainham but was no longer there when I got to the creche in Lucan. Cotton bag contained two bananes and a lunchbox with bagel/cheese/ham plus grapes. Not quite sure what forum this belongs in (probably After Hours!) but thought I'd ask just in case!

(this is genuine by the way not a wind-up!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

HehehehehehehHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!..............hum...........ahem.......HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, I found your empty lunchbox.

*burp*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

My sympathies are with you OP,but if by chance it turned up,you wouldn't eat would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

dubtom wrote: »
    My sympathies are with you OP,but if by chance it turned up,you wouldn't eat would you?
    That's a very good question. Well I guess it depends on if car(s) have run over it, whether insects have found it, or what sort of person hands it over! As it happens the company name of where I work is printed on the outside of the cotton bag, so I'm wondering if a good Samaritan might actually try returning it! I wouldn't have a problem eating the bananas as sure that's a "sealed" fruit. The rest of it I dunno.....

I just kills me because I spent a while getting it ready - I even pulled the stem-end-bits out of the graps and they were lovely crunchy M&S grapes too :(

I wonder if at least someone else would eat it if they found it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

The last time I ate food I found on the motorway, it didn't end too well...

I think it's prob gone to the big lunch box in the sky to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I apologise for laughing but this thread is hilarious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Quality thread :D Please move to AH

I'm checking news sites now for reports of army bomb disposal team performing a controlled explosion on a "suspicious package" found at roadside

Yeah, as I said I wasn't quite sure where to put it. In AH I knew it would be nothing but ridiculed so I hoped somehow MAYBE someone on the Dublin City forum knew. It was a nice Ikea lunchbox too and I've just discovered that Superquinn Waifo ham is actually decent enough this week.

Granted I'm after consoling myself with a chicken fillet baguette, banana, can of coke and two Freddo bars, but it still doesn't quite fill the gap left by a lost lunchbox.

I'm kinda contemplating driving the route later on....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The lunchbox itself might be of some value sometimes ;)

Sorry to mention this, but that incident reminds me of a friend of mine in Germany. He left a huge shopping bag on top of his car and drove off :D

Site0Camera15.jpg
    Tried the Dublin City website but this is the only camera I can find on the N4 but it's too far East.:confused:

This other one is the wrong side of the road.
    Site0Camera82.jpg

• Advertisement

I feel your pain OP. I once carefully carried my coffee slice out of superquinn, put the rest of the shopping in the car. Arrived home, decided to leave the shopping til after a cuppa and a cake and just as I clicked the kettle on, I remembered last seeing my beloved coffee slice on the roof of my car :(

Not as bad as the time I bought a batter burger and chips, drove all the way to the "nice" chipper for it, didn't eat any chips in the car cos I wanted to savour them with a cup of tea when I got home. Got out of the car and the "plenty of vinegar please" came back to bite me as the bag burst and my batter burger rolled under my car >.<

just to clarify, I'm normally healthy, I swears

Well at least you ended up with some food!

Lunch update - commute home was fruitless and I did a check of the underground carpark. Heading out later and will pass the same route so can scan it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Can you put up pictures near the location and on here to help people identify what your lunch looks like to help us help you

Also ,have you rang the radio stations? This is a tense time and the next 12 hours is crucial if we are to find your lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

g0g wrote: »
    Well at least you ended up with some food!

Lunch update - commute home was fruitless and I did a check of the underground carpark. Heading out later and will pass the same route so can scan it...

Fruitless ??? I thought you said you had a banana !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

That's a very good question. Well I guess it depends on if car(s) have run over it, whether insects have found it, or what sort of person hands it over! As it happens the company name of where I work is printed on the outside of the cotton bag, so I'm wondering if a good Samaritan might actually try returning it! I wouldn't have a problem eating the bananas as sure that's a "sealed" fruit. The rest of it I dunno.....

I just kills me because I spent a while getting it ready - I even pulled the stem-end-bits out of the graps and they were lovely crunchy M&S grapes too :(

I wonder if at least someone else would eat it if they found it?

You should contact the Grape Crisis Centre, someone may have handed them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Would you go on our that with your fancy M&S grapes and Ikea lunchbox!

If you didn't have such fantastic things, they probably would've been returned to you.

Someone's robbed your lunch and your amazing technicolor dreamlunchbox, and it's your own fault for making yourself such a target!

:pac:

jos28 wrote: »
    Fruitless ??? I thought you said you had a banana !

The banana was a part of the lost lunch, ie. a fruitless day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The banana was a part of the lost lunch, ie. a fruitless day ;)
    I do believe that the said banana formed part of the replacement lunch - OP clearly stated
    'Granted I'm after consoling myself with a chicken fillet baguette, banana, can of coke and two Freddo bars, but it still doesn't quite fill the gap left by a lost lunchbox'.
    I have to disagree with his/her choice of lunchtime fruit. I am not partial to bananas myself. I would prefer something of the citrus variety.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

why would you put a lunchbox on your roof

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭cml387

bluewolf wrote: »

A launchbox.

OK I'm going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Don't suppose anyone found my lunch somewhere on the N4 (I think!) this morning!? It was last seen on the roof of my car in Kilmainham but was no longer there when I got to the creche in Lucan. Cotton bag contained two bananes and a lunchbox with bagel/cheese/ham plus grapes. Not quite sure what forum this belongs in (probably After Hours!) but thought I'd ask just in case!

(this is genuine by the way not a wind-up!)

Should be in the "Lost and stolen forum" and get a convertible car OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Because petrol is too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Hope the issue has been resolved. I was going to post earlier but after I checked your route on Google Maps Streetview and didn't see your lunchbox, I seen no reason to add disappointment to hunger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Oh how I laughed.

jos28 wrote: »
    I do believe that the said banana formed part of the replacement lunch - OP clearly stated
    'Granted I'm after consoling myself with a chicken fillet baguette, banana, can of coke and two Freddo bars, but it still doesn't quite fill the gap left by a lost lunchbox'.
    I have to disagree with his/her choice of lunchtime fruit. I am not partial to bananas myself. I would prefer something of the citrus variety.

I was reading, the cotton bag contained the bananas and the lunchbox, didn't read anything about a replacement lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Can you post a photo of your box OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I saw a banana earlier on. Do you have any photos of yours? This one was a very distinct banana yellow coloured banana.

Update: 24 hours on I realise hope may be dying. I had to drive most of the route last night to go somewhere else around 19:20, but at that stage it was getting dark so I couldn't see a whole lot. There's certainly nothing obvious either on the road or place on nearby walls or anything. I contemplate the Garda Station but I reckon I'd be laughed out of the place.
    Because I was putting a one-year-old into his car seat and a nappy bag on the back seat. I was sure I couldn't possibly proceed getting into the car without bringing the bag with me.
    dan185 wrote: »
    Can you post a photo of your box OP?
    See below.
    darlett wrote: »
    I saw a banana earlier on. Do you have any photos of yours? This one was a very distinct banana yellow coloured banana.
    Again see below - I have a photo of two more from the same bunch. As they were brothers/sisters I assume they were of similar shape/size.

In the interests of helping anyone who may have found my lunch identify it, I've taken this photo of an almost identical collection of food. The lunchbox was in a set of 3, I have some cheese/grapes/bananas left and a very similar bag without the logo. Unfortunately we've run out of ham but hopefully you all know what that looks like.
    http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/7868557/640/7868557.jpg

If this got returned, it would be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

I lost €500 on the M50 yesterday night, anyone fount it?

http://www.tady.cz/cns-ln-cs2/p-Euro-500.jpg

Advertisement