Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I urge everyone to boycott circuses that use animals.

Options
  • 23-03-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I urge everyone to boycott circuses that use animals.

Everything may seem fine when they are 'performing' but they are treated appallingly behind the scenes.

Please watch this PETA video.
    <MODSNIP>
    Thank you.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i always do, peta or otherwise

the best circus i've ever been to didn't have animals anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

but what about circus' where the animals are treated well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

leggit wrote: »

how can a tiger, lion, elephant etc EVER be considered to be treated well when they're caged?

just because they might not be physically abused doesnt mean its not abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

leggit wrote: »

what circus gives a close to natural environment for an animal, especially the wild ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I find it difficult to do anything on the recommendation of PETA. What's next? Horse racing? Dogs for the blind?

• Advertisement

I find it difficult to do anything on the recommendation of PETA. What's next? Horse racing? Dogs for the blind?

ok PETA are a dangerous joke but large animal circuses are wrong no matter who's championing the cause ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭stevensi

But a circus without elephants is not a circus for me. I love they way they can walk like humans on their 2 feet. The elephants never look unhappy when i see them preforming....

tumblr_lv0b4oZ6qG1qi81bho1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Discussions on PETA/ALF / similar are against the forum charter.

Also seriously - report the post instead of posting 'ooh look a troll' type posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement