Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Customer Service TERRIBLE

Options
  • 22-03-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Everyone should beware of this organisation and their disrespectful attitude towards loyal customers. After so long, I had to resort to putting this on their forum. This is what I wrote below.

Hi,

I am wondering if you can help me, because having spent over 4Euro and about 35 phone calls to customer service, my problem still has not been sorted.

My initial problem was that I have two phones with Meteor, a Nokia e63 and a Samsung Galaxy Mini to which I wanted the unlocking codes for the both of them, one to give to my mother, the other so I could move network to 48Months because of the sheer value of their product. Approx 10Euro per month Vs 30Euro (minimum) for Meteor. So I decided to change.

First phone call I got through to customer service and the agent was really friendly and nice, english wasn't to a high standard but we struggled through and understood each other. The agent took the two IMEI numbers from me and told me he was going to put them through the system and gave me two separate 4 DIGIT codes and said to me these were the unlocking codes. I'm not an expert on this so I took his word for it.

I then got a text from Meteor saying your unlock codes that you have requested are now ready - Please call customer care for these codes.

I called Meteor and they hardly knew what I was talking about and after the '' Business Express '' spiel and about 15 different agents they gave me the code for the SAMSUNG GALAXY MINI and gave instructions on how to enter it. I then had trouble entering it and called up another 15 times to which the agents didn't know what was happening. Turns out all along that this was the unlock code for the NOKIA e63 and not the samsung GALAXY Mini.

Following this, I became irate when the agents started saying to me they were putting it through business express again and that it would take a few more days. I again waited 5 days and called back, only to discover that they gave this '' BUSINESS EXPRESS'' spiel again and kept putting me on hold. I asked this to be escalated and to speak to a manager to no satisfaction.

Since then I have called back and they still havn't given me the unlocking code. I have been treated with no respect or dignity as a loyal customer to meteor's network for over 6 years and have spent countless hours on the phone to no avail. As a network I expect that this be sorted out with urgence. To treat someone with this little respect, not calling back when you say you are and not giving me what you had PROMISED is not how an organisation should treat a customer. I have copied and pasted this onto boards.ie and have emailed in various Radio shows to express my frustration and to also alert the public at large about your organisational culture. Please sort this out soon. You can contact me on my meteor number.

Yours,

The Disrespected Customer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

tbh, your not their customer any more, your 6 years with them means nothing to them.....no such thing as loyalty in the mobile industry.

Same sort of thing happened after i left vodafone, i got it unlocked for €12 locally.

i was saving €12 per month by leaving them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

So you want Meteor to unlock the phone so you can move to another network?

You ask for consideration because you were loyal... but you're not. You're leaving the network, you were "loyal" as long as they offered you the best value, considering how bad they treat people generally you have no chance! ;)

Of course Meteor lost a customer that will be looking for a new network in a maximum of four years time...the effort you had to go to is precisely why I buy unlocked phones myself.

locking phones for PAYG is a joke IMO, they're generally not losing out on any costs as they charge almost as much as it costs to buy unlocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Poor couple of posts above... hasnt really helped...

They are obligated to perform in a proper manner. I seriously think OP should go to Comreg over this. I would ask that your 4 euro credit is restored if you still have a meteor sim, and see if you can get a record of when you called them. All will be of interest to Comreg.

Meteor CS is the worst in the country. Worse than UPC or anyone.

Advertisement