Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballina snooker club - gone?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this club has closed down? It was a very nice setup but Ive tried it a couple of times now and the doors were locked and the phone number seems to be dead.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

mickdw wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this club has closed down? It was a very nice setup but Ive tried it a couple of times now and the doors were locked and the phone number seems to be dead.

It closed last September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

zack01 wrote: »
    It closed last September.

Jesus, thats shocking. There was a good history of clubs in Ballina all through the years and they managed to survive.
    Pity its gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

There used to be a great club in Ballina around the mid eighties, i played in a few tournaments there, always a good snooker buzz about the town.
    That closed and i was delighted to hear that another club had opened, i dont know if it was in the same location over some shops but from the pictures i saw it looked first class, they had Jimmy White down there two years ago to play an exhibition so to see it close was a big surprise and indeed a big loss to Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Not from Ballina myself but 2 clubs I remember were the 147 club and the savoy which was more recent. Both sites were demolished it seems as was the way during the boom but the new club was at a different location and a new build also. TBH, probably too nice to make it pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

It is a pity it closed but if anyone fancies a game there is snooker in the gaa center in crossmolina on a sunday, tuesday and thursday night. Its also where Jason Devanney gets his practice since the savoy closed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement