Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF Brazil

Options
  • 22-03-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to this. It looks like we will have to watch it all online. I doubt theres any chance of it airing on tv over here.

UFC's TUF Brazil Begins Sunday Online, Fight-In Bouts Revealed

Screen_shot_2012-03-14_at_12.47.39_AM_large.png
    TUF Brazil kicks off Sundays at 11:30 PM EST (Photo: BloodyElbow.com)

The much-discussed The Ultimate Fighter Brazil will finally see the light of day this Sunday, debuting on a UFC-owned microsite at 11:30 PM EST. The show will be subtitled in English and will also debut on Brazil network Globo Sunday following Big Brother.
    Per the norm, fighters will have to compete to make it into the TUF house and unlike this season's American version, the weight classes will be middleweights and featherweights. Vitor Belfort and Wanderlei Silva will be the coaches, leading to a clash this summer in Brazil that looks to finally have a home.
    Wrestling Observer writer Dave Meltzer released the fight lineup in his Wednesday update (list after the jump):
    star-divide.v5e9d7f1.jpg
    Middleweights (185)
    • Leonardo Mafra Teixeira vs. Samuel Trindade
    • Daniel Sarafian vs. Richardson Moreira
    • Francisoc Drinaldo vs. Charle Maicon
    • Delson Heleno vs. Gilberto Galvao
    • Sergio Moraes vs. Thiago Real
    • Cezar Ferreira vs. Gustavo Sampaio
    • Joao Paulo de Souza vs. Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo
    • Renee Forte vs. Fabio Luiz Vital de Costa
    Featherweights (145)
    • Alexandre Ramos vs. Hugo Viana
    • Giovanni da Silva Santos Jr. vs. John Teixeira
    • Marcos Vinicius Borges Pancini vs. Pedro Mobre
    • Rodrigo Damm vs. Fabricio de Assis Costa da Silva
    • Rony Mariano Bezerra vs. Dileno Lopes
    • Anistavio Medeiros vs. Rafael Bueno
    • Wagner Campos vs. Fernando Duarte Guerra
    • Godofredo Pepey vs. Johnny Goncalves
    The show has been rumored to be airing on Fuel TV, but nothing has been released at this point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,153 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Alexandre Ramos vs. Hugo Viana
    He's come a long way since flopping at Newcastle!

Episode 1 right here lads!

I was afraid UFC would only allow US viewers to watch but it's available to me. About to watch. I can only imagine the Brazilians will be x3 more nuts than the Yanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Guy in the 2nd fight wasn't wrong about his fights lasting 8 or 9 seconds. Shame that it was him knocked out though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Just finished watching it there. Some great talent in the house and I'd say there'll be some cracking fights.
    Massaranduba (the guy who won the 2nd fight) looks like an absolute beast!
    Some great fights in the first episode, Can't wait for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Wanderlei's just happy to see you!

526236_10151438115635089_519895088_23604671_762872203_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Some really enjoyable fights! Some scarily talented, well rounded guys. It's gonna be an excellent season!

Yeah, this should be awesome! The level seems to be really good. some very very good guys competing i was very impressed by a lot of them!

Looking forward to this season!

I have yet to watch its , is it good so far ?

This first episode is the elimination fights. 32 gets taken down to the 16 who move into the house.

Some good fights!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Dean09 wrote: »
    Just finished watching it there. Some great talent in the house and I'd say there'll be some cracking fights.
    Roar wrote: »
    Some really enjoyable fights! Some scarily talented, well rounded guys. It's gonna be an excellent season!
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, this should be awesome! The level seems to be really good. some very very good guys competing i was very impressed by a lot of them!

Looking forward to this season!

No.

• Advertisement

I was just reading an article and apparently TUF Brazil had almost 8 times the amount of viewers as this season of TUF in USA. That's serious numbers to be doing considering the difference in population between the two countries.
    Also in the same article it says the results of the show were leaked by a rival Brazilian tv network. Wandy tweeted that the info leaked was incorrect but you never know. I haven't seen the supposed "leak" myself yet but I'll be avoiding spoilers like the plague!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

that wolverine guy was grabbing your mans throat a lot wasnt he? did he get warned, think that gave him quite the advantage, thought it was illegal???

I was just reading an article and apparently TUF Brazil had almost 8 times the amount of viewers as this season of TUF in USA. That's serious numbers to be doing considering the difference in population between the two countries.
    Also in the same article it says the results of the show were leaked by a rival Brazilian tv network. Wandy tweeted that the info leaked was incorrect but you never know. I haven't seen the supposed "leak" myself yet but I'll be avoiding spoilers like the plague!

I think there was way more hype for TUF Brasil then there was for Cruz/Faber and rightly so. It was a cracking episode. Shame they didn't show all the fights in full but I can honestly say I'm really, really looking forward to next weeks installment.

Fingers crossed whatever got leaked is a load of rubbish and never makes its way here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭elmossman

The fighting talent in Brazil is ridiculously good at the min.

Watched the latest episode a few mins ago.......
    really bad first fight. It was a fight that just consisted of takedown attempts from a mile away, wild swinging, and nut-shots. There were some great fights to get into the house and this first fight was nowhere near that standard. Hopefully the rest of the fights are a lot better than that.
    Lookin forward to seeing a middleweight fight next week. I hope Massaranduba is fighting. He had a quick ko to get into the house and he looks like a tank.
    Belfort is fairly tough on his guys when it comes to showing respect towards the other team. I'm all for having respect but he didn't allow his fighter to even celebrate his win. Wandy on the other hand seems like a guy I'd like to have a pint with.......if I could speak Portugese! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I love Sergio Moraes! He's mad! His fight to get into the house was crazy, 50/50 guard in MMA now! He's certainly a character. "I'm glad I'm on Vitors team, because my mother is a big fan so she gets to see him when I'm on TV" :D

Any reason we got the oddly voyeuristic shot of Wand shaving his arms for what seemed like five minutes?

Any reason we got the oddly voyeuristic shot of Wand shaving his arms for what seemed like five minutes?
    I was laughing at that myself!
    Probably an advertisement for Gilette!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

I wonder does he shave the legs too? thankfully they spared us of this. :p

Sintel wrote: »
    I wonder does he shave the legs too? thankfully they spared us of this. :p

or shaving his massive ballbag.. :D
    Wanderlei's just happy to see you!

526236_10151438115635089_519895088_23604671_762872203_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Latest episode spoilers below:

Another bad fight this week.
    Renee looked like he didn't want to be in there at all. He just looked terrified. Then trying to make the excuse that his team were giving him too many compliments?? Wtf was that all about? :confused:
    Wandy was really píssed off and rightly so. To give people the opportunity like that and to train them and then for them to put in a performance like that is a joke.
    I don't want to take anything away from Sarafian though. He fought well and he pulled off the sub perfectly with that transition to the back.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

so this week we got ads for protein bars, energy drinks, gilette and eh... dengue fever.. Watching Junior go around looking for mosquitos was brilliantly weird.

At least we were spared the sight of Wand shaving his arms this week!

Yeah there's been a fair bit of product placement and advertising in the season so far. Everything from Ford, who are sponsoring a prize for the fighters, to Gilette, Energy bars, protein drinks, and as Roar said....the strangest one of all.....the dengue fever awareness thing!
    I wonder what we'll get next week!

Episode 4 spoilers:
    Another píss poor episode. I had really high hopes for TUF Brazil but so far the best episode was the first one. None of the fights have lived up to the ones to get into the house. It started off really promising but its just gone downhill.
    This weeks fight was so tame it was unbelievable. It looked fairly amateur if I'm honest. Wild swings and more feints than actual punches.
    I'm not going to give up on the show though because it has the potential for some cracking fights. I'm looking forward to seeing Massaranduba in action again, and also Rony Jason. Hopefully it'll get better from here on in.
    On another note, I know the Brazilians seem to be fairly respectful people and all but is the whole "deep, meaningful speeches" thing getting on anyone elses nerves? I mean, shut up waffling and just scrap ffs!
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna have an energy drink and get into my Ford pick-up and drive to the shop to buy some Acai and Gilette. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

On another note, I know the Brazilians seem to be fairly respectful people and all but is the whole "deep, meaningful speeches" thing getting on anyone elses nerves? I mean, shut up waffling and just scrap ffs!
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna have an energy drink and get into my Ford pick-up and drive to the shop to buy some Acai and Gilette. :pac:

I loled when it went between vitor given the long speechs back to wanderlia saying he was boring...at least I think that was this weeks episode.
    And I presume the whole JDS looking for mosquito's was a set-up too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I loled when it went between vitor given the long speechs back to wanderlia saying he was boring...at least I think that was this weeks episode.
    And I presume the whole JDS looking for mosquito's was a set-up too?

He does come out with some beauties at times :D saying victor gives something like 2 hours of training followed by 3 hours of lecturing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

The product placement was just awful again this week,Werdum and the energy drink :pac:

Advertisement