Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil & Teds what one to go for.

Options
  • 22-03-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I would like some advice as we are expecting baby no 2 soon:)& our little girl
    will be the big 2. We need to get a double buggie. I have looked a lot of them & the phil & teds seem to look the best but witch one would you recommend. Also where to buy at the best price with everything included. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭treascon

I bought the P&T Sport 4 years ago. Could'nt recommend it enough. I bought it from the US on Ebay & saved myself alot of money at the time. Not sure where would have the best deals now but imagine it would still be online. Also alot of people are selling 2nd hand ones in good condition. Might be worth looking at as they are expensive new. Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I got a second hand one with the double kit for €300 in 2010 so it's the old model. It was in really good condition so I was delighted. I think I got it on buy and sell but I was trawling every possible site every day and the seller had just put up her ad when I replied. I went and bought it that afternoon.

I'm not sure if it's still the same but back then the second hand p&t were selling very quickly so you had to monitor the sites for new ads.

I'm very happy with our p&t and haven't really seen another double in line buggy that I like since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Keep checking online, check the parenting websites like rollercoaster, eumom etc. I got a second hand one for 180 quid, it came with everything - raingear, baby cocoon, second seat. I have the E3, it's in a pretty knackered state, but the woman I got it from had it for her kids, and she got it from her sister who used it on her kids, so it's been through the wars.

I couldn't recommend the one I have highly enough, you can change the seat into so many positions it's ridiculous :D I haven't found any problems with it at all, it's so easy to use and fold etc, but it's an old model so I'm sure you'll find better up to date ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

We were warned off the Vibe by a friend who'd had one go to pieces during the snow last winter; we went with the Explorer on their recommendation. Haven't had any problems with it yet. Got ours new (ouch, wish I'd thought to look up the parenting websites :( ) in the sales in Mothercare in January (€500 for the stroller, the cocoon travel cot, the double seat kit (add in a €20 part and that's your bouncy seat), the rain gear and the hoods).

Advertisement