Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost contacts.

Options
  • 22-03-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I moved all my iTunes stuff to a network drive to free up space on my laptop, and I now access it remotely through said laptop.
    Last night I finally got around to syncing things for the first time, and thought I got everything right. Unfortunately I made a balls of the contacts, and they're now gone from my phone!:mad:
    I did get the warnings about the phone being previously linked wih another iTunes, and it could only be linked with one. So I'm assuming (hoping!) that there's a file stored in the iTunes folder somewhere with all my contact details in it, and I could just move that to my new iTunes folder, re-sync, and all will be good in the world again?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have a look for any backups and ya should get all the names and numbers. Unfortunately I think your going to have to create a .vcf for every contact and then use iTunes or iCloud to sync then to the phone. If you use iCloud you can merge all them to one vcf and upload it because iirc iCloud won't allow you select more than 1 vcf at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

Can you go back to your old PC?

If so, right click on the device in the the left navigation pane. On the iPhone icon.
    Select 'restore from backup'
    Rather than just restore the last backup, it'll offer you older backups and you'll see them by date.
    Restore the backup from the date you know to be good, i.e. all your contacts were in tact on that date

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

johndoc wrote: »
    Can you go back to your old PC?

If so, right click on the device in the the left navigation pane. On the iPhone icon.
    Select 'restore from backup'
    Rather than just restore the last backup, it'll offer you older backups and you'll see them by date.
    Restore the backup from the date you know to be good, i.e. all your contacts were in tact on that date
    That will work but there is still the problem of syncing with thee new iTunes. If you get the contacts back from the backup, set up a gmail exchange on the iPhone and sync the contacts to that and import to iTunes or iCloud

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks for the help guys.

I went the backup route, and restored from my last backup (last October!). That got the contacts back. So I set them up to go to the cloud, and just manually reduced all my apps and music and stuff.

She seems back to normal now. Thanks again.

Advertisement