Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Zanussi TD4212W tumble dryer

Options
  • 22-03-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    We have a Zanussi td4212w tumble dryer. It's about 8 years old (I think). It has recently gotten very noisy. Constant groaning/rumbling noise. Still working/drying properly. I have cleaned all filters.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Comments

I had that happen to an old tumble dryer too, I found that there are some (slide bearings) on the outside edges of the drum at the front.

You'll need the take the lid off to get to them.
    I cleaned these up and the rim on the drum but a bit of grease on them and the problem went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

I had that happen to an old tumble dryer too, I found that there are some (slide bearings) on the outside edges of the drum at the front.

You'll need the take the lid off to get to them.
    I cleaned these up and the rim on the drum but a bit of grease on them and the problem went away.

Thanks for that. Just had a quick look. There's no obvious bearings that I can see anywhere.

The drum seems to rotate fine when it's empty. The noise builds up slowly once there's a load in there.

They're not really bearings as such, more like guides that stop the front of the drum flopping around.

Advertisement