Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for garden fencing advice

Options
  • 22-03-2012 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I am looking to fence my garden in my new home to secure it for my dog and my child. The dog i'm not too worried about its just that she is only 1 and still a bit hectic and chews on the neighbours things so do want to keep her in the garden; I do have a radio fence I can use but cant use that on my son (well it is the back garden so maybe, :p only joking of course).

So its more for my 2 year old son so that in the nicer months ahead he can run in and out and play away outside with the dog nice and safe and unable to get out of the garden and onto the road.

Now I also want to do this as cheaply as possible, and I mean to the cent as cheap as possible, out of necessity more than want really. But I still would like it to look good for austerities sake, ours and our neighbours, and want it to be secure and reliable.

I was thinking either wooden fencing, either panels or otherwise, or else hedging. Any advice regards this would be very helpful in terms of what is the best immediate answer and for the long term (for reference another baby on the way so small energetic kid running round isn't going to be a short term thing). If anyone can give suggestions on where I can get material at the best prices or where to look that would also be very helpful.

Thanks in advance folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Is it a border fence between your land and next doors

If so I would put the fence 6 inches in on your side as to eliminate any issues that arise.
    Example if you put a fence up and they decide they want to have it switched around so that the nicer side faces them etc.
    If its 6 inches in on your land they cant legally instruct you to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Try This Forum,op.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 HipFlask

There is already a wooden fence in place buts its basic fencing and very low and not suitable at all. It just means fencing shouldn't be an issue regarding the neighbours. I would of course clear it with them first, but for now I don't seeing it being worth too much consideration.
    But thanks for the advice, always good to allow for such possibilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

HipFlask wrote: »
    There is already a wooden fence in place buts its basic fencing and very low and not suitable at all. It just means fencing shouldn't be an issue regarding the neighbours. I would of course clear it with them first, but for now I don't seeing it being worth too much consideration.
    But thanks for the advice, always good to allow for such possibilities.

They have been known to change thier minds when all is said and done ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 HipFlask

Hot Lips wrote: »
    Try This Forum,op.

Thanks, I'm new to this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

No problem at all,happy to help.:)

Advertisement