Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in residential area - If there's no white or yellow lines is it free?

Options
  • 21-03-2012 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

I've just moved to Rathmines and am currently waiting to sort out a residents permit.

There are a number of sections of road where I live which are boxed off with white lines and which are clearly pay & display/residents permits only. However, there are also patches of road alongside these which have no line markings whatsoever and in which numerous cars are regularly parked.

Am I right in saying parking is free in these rare sections (or am I being insanely optimistic!?).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Yes free if unmarked/signposted

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Are those sections close to junctions or at entrances to other properties (dropped pavement). The street signs should indicate any parking restrictions which apply.

Advertisement