Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting out at snooker...

Options
  • 21-03-2012 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Outside of years of practice in a friend's basement I've never really played snooker but it's something I have an ever-growing interest in taking up properly. Could anyone recommend a good way of learning and suggest where I might go to do so? Somewhere with a beginner-friendly atmosphere would be good. I'm living in Blackrock but I'm on the DART line and near lots of buses so as long as it's in Dublin I should be able to travel.

Really I'm just looking to play a few frames each week while maybe having someone guide me through how I can go about improving. Any ideas?

Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Contact RIBSA they will give you a list of qualified coaches working out of clubs throughout Dublin. Each coach has different ideas and of course rates so it would be no harm contacting a few just to get an idea of what they do during their coaching sessions.
    I know your based in Blackrock but if your willing to travel the coach out of CrossGuns charges €20 per hour which includes the table charge.
    Heres the link to him......

http://www.crossgunssnookerclub.com/Coaching.html

Best of luck

Advertisement