Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist advice for a student!

Options
  • 21-03-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi I just have a quick question,

I am a student in Dublin, I should be eligible for a medical card but have not applied, and I haven't been to the dentist in about 6 or 7 years (I know, I really should've gotten that medical card by now!).

One of my teeth has started irritating me and I feel like it could only get worse, so I need to go to the dentist. If I need some kind of op, will I need to pay the dentist up front, and somehow claim back the expense? I'm kind of worried because the chances are a medical card will take 6 weeks to come through or so I've heard, and I feel like I need to fnd one soon!

Edit: Something else crossed my mind is the Trinity Dental school, would that be of any use in my situation?

Advertisement