Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpacker tour companies Australia

Options
  • 21-03-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, heading to oz later in the year as part of a world trip. Compared to many of the other countries we are visiting Australia is very expensive.

We are looking at going with a backpacker tour company because all of your excursions travel and accommodation is included.

Has anyone used http://www.backpackertours.com.au/index.php before??

Or does anyone have any tips or know any other tour companies??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I used these guys before http://www.adventuretours.com.au
    for Alice springs -> Darwin (inc Uluru) and they were excellent.

I would say wait until you land in Australia though, as often you can haggle or get discounted tours (hostels can offer 5-10% etc) or if you wait last minute can get a decent discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Myself and my girlfriend used peterpans in sydney to book our east coast trip found them to be very helpfull and allowed us to make a package to suit our budget and needs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wonda

Thanks guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

hussey wrote: »
    I used these guys before http://www.adventuretours.com.au
    for Alice springs -> Darwin (inc Uluru) and they were excellent.

I used them twice and found them excellent especially if you are on your own. The guides were brilliant. They may give you a discount if you book a second trip.
    A lot of people use Peter Pans for the East coast. A lot of them out there so shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Getting lots of positive reviews for adventure tours on here, just wondering for those of ye that have used them, whats the accommodation like? Is it all sharing or can you choose to book single rooms?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Getting lots of positive reviews for adventure tours on here, just wondering for those of ye that have used them, whats the accommodation like? Is it all sharing or can you choose to book single rooms?

You can upgrade to single or double rooms when you are staying in hostels (obviously not an option when camping). It will cost you though, and to be honest it may come across anti-social for a single backpacker to do that. Honestly you'll be fine. I've met so many nice people on those trips. Most people who do it are solo travellers like yourself, along with the odd couple here and there. Rarely do you get a group of friends travelling together on these tours for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

04072511 wrote: »
    You can upgrade to single or double rooms when you are staying in hostels (obviously not an option when camping). It will cost you though, and to be honest it may come across anti-social for a single backpacker to do that. Honestly you'll be fine. I've met so many nice people on those trips. Most people who do it are solo travellers like yourself, along with the odd couple here and there. Rarely do you get a group of friends travelling together on these tours for whatever reason.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be grand. Just a bit nervous since I haven't done much travelling on my own before. Really beginning to look forward to it now :) !

Advertisement