Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permaTEL and skype

Options
  • 21-03-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi ,

I am joined permaNET broadband. And have also added on permaTEL. Seems like good value and saves on line rental . I have a feeling blueface does the backhaul for the VOIP end. I have always used used permaNET and find there service and support excellent.

The handset I get with permaNET for the VOIP end is Gigaset AS200. Its ok ,but very basic . I see Philips VOIP8551B, http://www.philips.co.uk/c/phones/32589/cat/

The question is , Can I use the the Philips VOIP8551B and place outgoing calls with my permaNET service as I have a feeling SIP part is done on the permaNET router

Any advice would be great

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi ,

I am joined permaNET broadband. And have also added on permaTEL. Seems like good value and saves on line rental . I have a feeling blueface does the backhaul for the VOIP end. I have always used used permaNET and find there service and support excellent.

The handset I get with permaNET for the VOIP end is Gigaset AS200. Its ok ,but very basic . I see Philips VOIP8551B, http://www.philips.co.uk/c/phones/32589/cat/

The question is , Can I use the the Philips VOIP8551B and place outgoing calls with my permaNET service as I have a feeling SIP part is done on the permaNET router

Any advice would be great

Thanks

I am not sure about how permaNET provide a VoIP service, but blueface do offer a reseller solution for ISP's. You are probably going through Blueface if your extension begins with 3XXXX- and can be reached through 015242025.

Provided that the Philips VOIP8551B connects through SIP, than there is no problem, you can receive/send both inbound and outbound calls. You will need the SIP account information though.

If the service is done through blueface, than its likely sip based. That phone you have is a basic phone that connects to your router.

Best contact permanet for more info.

What's you router model and I can check if its sip based or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That phone appears to be a Skype & PSTN phone, not a SIP VOIP phone.

I guess it might work using the PSTN side to make calls through the PermaTel SIP line ....... but Permanet are the ones to ask ......

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Thanks everyone :)

Permanet said it should work ok

Advertisement