Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does laser damage the enamel of your teeth??

Options
  • 21-03-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all!

I am thinking of getting my teeth whitened, I have heard that laser may damage the enamel on your teeth and getting gum shields may be better. My dentist does both but only does laser with gumshields or gumshields on their own.

Just wondering what ppl think...

My first post on here by the way!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

You will be glad to know there are no lasers involved in whitening. There is a bright light used by some systems but their only purpose is to look flash. Its like the headlight on your car, not a laser. The term laser crept in somewhere along the line.

At home tray bleaching is more effective than a single in office bleach with the light. The best of all is a combination approach called deep bleaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 codeseeker

thanks, so this 'bright light' not laser, will that damage my teeth?? I will get the mould done for the home kit from my dentist but he was saying to do both would be best (there isn't much of a price difference) just don't want to regret getting laser...

A friend of mine heard from another dentist to get the moulds done only.. so it's confusing and don't know what to believe!

Advertisement