Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont go back on the smokes!

Options
  • 21-03-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I need a bit of encouragement here folks. I have been off the fags for six months and have been getting fit and healthy, but I have recently started working in my old company and started going out for breaks with my old smoking buddy. I have had one cigarette each morning for the past three mornings in work here with him and I am worried now ill go back on them full time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really want to go through the pain of giving up again? Not to mention losing your hard won fitness?

Stop going out for a smoke with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kenobrien

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really want to go through the pain of giving up again? Not to mention losing your hard won fitness?

Stop going out for a smoke with him.
    Thank you. I know its stupid but it helps to hear it from someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aod113

I gave up for 3 years and ended up going back on them. Big regret. I've since quit again but it was hard going back to square one. It's so easy to work your way up from having one to two to five to ten. Stop now

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

I've been off the smokes for 2 years now. In the begining I avoided going out to the smoking area for my break - too tempting -but now I can, it doesn't bother me. Hang in there, it would be a shame to go back on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

OMG you've got to be kidding? :eek: You need to put a stop to this immediately - it's such a slippery slope and unfortunately when you have that one cigarette you're taking on your entire addiction again. How did you quit in the first place? If it was the help of something like Allen Carr then get reading! Also log on to www.whyquit.com - some positive reinforcement always helps. Well done for coming on here, STOP IT NOW!

• Advertisement
Advertisement