Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not staying in the game mode?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭

Anyone else playing tonight finding that you can filter the server list per game type, enter that game but as soon as the next game starts it throws you into any other game type?

I have the filter to only show up rush yet every next game is starting as every other type? Only stated tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Servers seem all over the place alright, very few B2K ones and the one I was on kept alternating between rush and conquest.

Seemed to be far more normal servers that include some B2K maps aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Was very frustrating when they changed the map rotations and found myself in Rush instead of Conquest. Now the only way I see to play conquest only on official servers is to play on servers with EPIC in their title - but the rotation only includes maps with choppers. Which is nice in principle, but does mean that there's a huge chance the team your playing with will never leave the spawn on the ground. Pretty much kills off DICE/EA servers for me, too frustrating to deal with an endless stream of brain donors who do nothing to help, and Rush is penance.

On one rotation you can end up playing CQ/Rush, followed by TDM on Noshahr Canals. Screw that noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Getting really frustrating alright. I found going straight to quick game and selecting rush held me in rush only games for a while then back to this BS of rotations. I only want to play rush, its a unique game type and I prefer it over the others. Now it means I get thrown into already started games then have to leave again once its over. Get your sh1t together dice, its not some pokey little game your have here and this has been broken for over 24hrs now. I left COD for the same bull and Ill drop this just as fast

...get..your ...sh1t...locked...down FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The servers are bolloxed. Everyone I play online with has been kicked at some point over the past few days or have struggled to get on. The sound is going completely on some servers and the obvious issue of trying to play one game mode and then getting another. I seem to be getting an unholy amount of B2K maps, which is fine, but I'd prefer a nice mix.

Hopefully they'll fix it in the upcoming patch.

Some info here

Seems the DICE servers are now "themed" which sucks balls because they're the only ones I can reliably join.

• Advertisement

I seem to be getting an unholy amount of B2K maps, which is fine, but I'd prefer a nice mix.

If any of us were cynical we'd see that as an effort to bump DLC sales among late comers who didn't get the limited edition at launch.

Thats way out of order imo, basically they have changed the fundamental way the game is played online on all their servers? WTF? Why not just set half your severs to sepcific game types and the other have to this rotation crap. Its not like they have a lack of them. Pfft, nuts to that dice. I smell a trade in coming on.

Thats way out of order imo, basically they have changed the fundamental way the game is played online on all their servers? WTF? Why not just set half your severs to specific game types and the other have to this rotation crap. Its not like they have a lack of them. Pfft, nuts to that dice. I smell a trade in coming on.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Why not just set half your severs to specific game types and the other have to this rotation crap.

To be fair, so long as your using Server Browser and not quick match then you can look up the map rotation before you join, and I think it's still possible to find servers with the old rotations.

I suspect most of the frustration lies in this happening unexpectedly - and even in server browser there was the guts of a full day before the server names accurately described what they were, or that they had been changed.

If they're going to use the top right corner of the main menu screen to advertise DLC six months in advance, they could have notified people via that same text box a week ahead of time.

raze wrote: »
    To be fair, so long as your using Server Browser and not quick match then you can look up the map rotation before you join, and I think it's still possible to find servers with the old rotations.

Ive checked for any non dice servers with no restrictions (game, size, location etc) and there are none. The only servers shown are all dice ones. Better still I checked the first three pages of servers and all of them have game type rotations. None of them stay on one game type.

Basically on xbox (thats all I can say for), if you want to play bf3 and choose your own game type Dice basically just gave us the bug middle finger.

This has to be some fcuk up right? They cant be this monumentally stupid?

• Advertisement

Basically on xbox (thats all I can say for), if you want to play bf3 and choose your own game type Dice basically just gave us the bug middle finger.

This has to be some fcuk up right? They cant be this monumentally stupid?

It's hard to believe they could do something like that across the board. I can't check on Xbox unfortunately - but on PS3 there are still EA servers (though they're the ones who don't have EA in their name, just called "SERVER000000" or whatever) and they still have the old rotations. I checked just now, and I could find Rush only and CQ only servers.

Presumably there aren't too many variations of the new playlist/rotations. Just maybe there's a map that isn't on the new servers for Rush, i.e. if you find a Noshahr Canals Rush match, maybe that means it's a server with an old rotation?

Edit: just did a search on PS3 - every result for Noshahr Rush was a server with a Rush-only playlist. Hope that helps.

raze wrote: »
    It's hard to believe they could do something like that across the board. I can't check on Xbox unfortunately - but on PS3 there are still EA servers (though they're the ones who don't have EA in their name, just called "SERVER000000" or whatever) and they still have the old rotations. I checked just now, and I could find Rush only and CQ only servers.

Presumably there aren't too many variations of the new playlist/rotations. Just maybe there's a map that isn't on the new servers for Rush, i.e. if you find a Noshahr Canals Rush match, maybe that means it's a server with an old rotation?

Edit: just did a search on PS3 - every result for Noshahr Rush was a server with a Rush-only playlist. Hope that helps.

Just checked there with just bf3 maps selected and no joy, still only -dice- servers, and all of them have the new rotation on it. Seems like any permutation of options only throws up -dice- servers, no 3rd party servers found and all the dice ones have this new rotation on them. Havent been able to get a full game of rush all night.

Seems like there are lots of people pissed at this too going by the other forums. Stupid move on Dices behalf.

Anyone on xbox here able to find rush only servers tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Played Rush only servers tonight with a mix of old maps and B2K. Not sure how they were found as I just joined a friend's game. Playing on Xbox.

Seems like it may be a bug with the 360 build only showing dice servers and only showing the new game mode rotation set up on those servers.

Pretty sh1t bug considering it no longer means you select your game mode. Hope they get it sorted soon, getting sick of half games of rush.

Seems like it may be a bug with the 360 build only showing dice servers and only showing the new game mode rotation set up on those servers.

Pretty sh1t bug considering it no longer means you select your game mode. Hope they get it sorted soon, getting sick of half games of rush.
    Go to server browser then filter and tick the box "show games running on EA servers"

Theres no filter option for that iirc.
    The only filter options are map, size, mode, difficulty, ranked, etc.
    Its only showing [-dice-] servers. Even with all the filters off its still only shows dice servers and 100% of them are map rotation so there is no way to select a rush only map. Im left having to enter rush games, hope I get a second round of rush and if not just rinse and repeat.

Advertisement