Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palpitations

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi not looking for advice just wondering if anyone else has suffered these and where about in the chest the occur as i have been getting a strange sensation on left side of chest, its hard to explain the feeling it like flip flopping feeling or a twitch.

Thought it might be my inhalers as one is a steroid one but have not taken them for 2 days and still getting them.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

These can be associated with many conditions - thyroid, low Iron levels, asthma inhalers (Ventolin), too much caffeine intake, not to mention cardiac. Go to GP & have a chat to put your mind at rest. Blood tests will confirm any of the above medical problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Wyldwood wrote: »
    These can be associated with many conditions - thyroid, low Iron levels, asthma inhalers (Ventolin), too much caffeine intake, not to mention cardiac. Go to GP & have a chat to put your mind at rest. Blood tests will confirm any of the above medical problems.

I went to my GP and she listened to my heart, and she said it sounded fine, and blood pressure was normal.I am on ventolin inhaler but didnt take it today to see if it was that but i am still getting them,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Only real way to tell is an ECG.

I had them. Doctors didnt think so.

Went to hospital and it turned out I was in Atrial Fibrillation or AF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op you'll have to discuss this further with your doctor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement