Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa First Money Transfer Help

Options
  • 20-03-2012 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello folks,

Just a quick one for you. I recently completed the Australian WHV process through Go4Less, Visa First seem to be actually handling it as most of the e-mails come from them. It's the WHV + Tax File Number, SIM and Bank Account package by the way.

Basically I recieved confirmation of the bank account opening along with instructions on how to transfer money to the ANZ account before I go. The question is - Am I tied to using Visa First for transfer or can I do it through Currency Fair by myself?

I'm a bit of a skeptic so I thought it best to ask here before I ask VisaFirst.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You are not tied to VisaFirst and their money transfer is more pricier than Currency fair.

Once you have your Australian bank account number and sort code you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dubnobass

hussey wrote: »
    You are not tied to VisaFirst and their money transfer is more pricier than Currency fair.

Once you have your Australian bank account number and sort code you should be fine

Just what I wanted to hear, appreciate the reply. In hindsight having read over some threads on here I probably should have just organised it all myself, I somehow assumed this would be the easy option.

I don't seem to have a sort code though, just the branch address which I assume I can get the sort code from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Dubnobass wrote: »
    Just what I wanted to hear, appreciate the reply. In hindsight having read over some threads on here I probably should have just organised it all myself, I somehow assumed this would be the easy option.

I don't seem to have a sort code though, just the branch address which I assume I can get the sort code from?

Yes do a search for the bank sort code finder on google
    e.g. "anz sort code" gives me this page
    http://www.locate.anz.com/anz/australia/
    and gives you sort code details

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dubnobass

hussey wrote: »
    Yes do a search for the bank sort code finder on google
    e.g. "anz sort code" gives me this page
    http://www.locate.anz.com/anz/australia/
    and gives you sort code details

Thanks again for the help, Hopefully there won't be any hassle doing it.

Advertisement