Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC pipe in Sligo

Options
  • 20-03-2012 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey I have a quick question I hope some one can answer, I'm looking for 3/4 inch schedule 40 pvc pipe. I was wondering if some one could tell me who supplies it at the best price and what lenght's it is avalible in ?

Many Thanks
    Amon
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I'd imagine any plumbing suppliers. is it for water, oil, air ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Amon_100

red sean wrote: »
    I'd imagine any plumbing suppliers. is it for water, oil, air ????

Well I've been told to get the plumbing type, I'm going to be heat flexing the pipe to make a frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

OP, this thread might be best suited on the plumbing forum. Those lads would know more about heat shaping pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats an American spec no?
    I haven't seen 3/4 inch heavy gauge PVC over here, once you go down to that size most people use PE rather than PVC.
    20mm is pretty small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Amon_100

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Thats an American spec no?
    I haven't seen 3/4 inch heavy gauge PVC over here, once you go down to that size most people use PE rather than PVC.
    20mm is pretty small.

Yep it yankie spec
    I'm using in it for this project I found on YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahPK7coHVXQ

As far as my research has told me S40 is the standard PVC pipe used for water world wide what I didn't tell me it was referred to as out side of the state's. Could also use 1/2 inch pipe smaller again I know but know its available I just don't know where ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Amon_100 wrote: »
    Yep it yankie spec
    As far as my research has told me S40 is the standard PVC pipe used for water world wide what I didn't tell me it was referred to as out side of the state's. Could also use 1/2 inch pipe smaller again I know but know its available I just don't know where ?
    Thats what I was saying, over here PVC doesn't come that small.
    The smallest commonly available is 40mm, smaller pipe is generally PE based like Qualpex or Acorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Looking for the same pipe. Any joy sourcing it?

Advertisement