Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a suit?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey

Was just wondering where i'd go to get a suit? Looking to get something pretty smart and something that's going to last. Preferably a slim fit..

Also, how much would I be looking at spending ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I got mine in Tony Conollys mensware on Patrick St. AFAIR I got it for about €200ish, they had a deal on, the Suit (Normally 200, shoes 50, shirt 50 and tie 20) all for 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

There is a place in the eastway business park across from the nct center that are very good. They do an Irish range called Jack Doyle that a well worth the money. Bought one late last year for around e250 that was top class. As far a i know the brand are now supplied to munster and Manchester united among others. Its worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Forgot to mention in the above post, they might still have the deal but they also might not, I think I bought it early september october ish basically after all the debs would be on, so that they were trying to pawn off all their left over stock from them - that they didn't sell, but it still could be worth a try, 200 euro for a top quality suit isn't too bad, I've to wear it tomorrow, so I can throw up a pic of it if you wanna see it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

OK don't shoot the messenger here, but if money's a bit tight, they sell suits in Tesco's clothes department. Not overly suave, but the price is right. Will get you out of a bind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

LB6 wrote: »
    OK don't shoot the messenger here, but if money's a bit tight, they sell suits in Tesco's clothes department. Not overly suave, but the price is right. Will get you out of a bind.

shoot the messenger? i'll feckin HUG the messenger, lol, i just get my pants in penneys for €9 (i hate the skinny leg suit pants that seem to be all the rage now, especially in BT) and the shirt and tie set in dunnes for €10 and they do me, disposable clothing ftw! :D

i have to look somewhat smart going out in the morning, but because of my job and the work i do, sometimes i do be up to my armpits (ok slight exaggeration!) in dust and dirt, and even a €200 suit isnt worth ruining, let alone a €900 suit! that'd be just silly! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bought one in Noel's Menswear on Wickem Street there at Christmas. A nice fit, paid €170 for it, no shirt or shoes with it though (bought them in Dunes Stores). Should last me a few years as I only wear them on formal occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

xsiborg hon - you'll get full suit, shirt and tie and even a pair or two of socks for less than €100 in Tescos. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

out of thread, try mr mr in mitchelstown, they are advertising by one get one free,

Advertisement