Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ERB

Options
  • 20-03-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

who are the ERB. who sits on it? what is it supposed to do. how do i contact it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Only ERB I've heard of is the Engineering Research Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Its the electoral and referenda board, they oversee SU elections.

It includes a Sabat (usually the Comms Officer), a PSA rep (Usually the PSA Prez), a rep from class reps and a rep from C&S. If all sabats are running then their spot is filled by another Class Rep.

(or at least that was how things worked when i was on it)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Who is actually on it this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yuppy700

The members of the ERB are

Chris Sloane
    Colm Fitzgerald
    Derek Daly
    Sarah Jane Hennelly
    Claire Gallery
    Fr. John Campion
    Callista Bennis
    And there is one other person who is the chairperson but i dont know who that is

source : http://www.ulsuelect.com/?p=285

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

Lol at that email. who do they think they are threatening a member of the public about an independent blog.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

roro1neil0 wrote: »
    Lol at that email. who do they think they are threatening a member of the public about an independent blog.

roro1neil0, I've edited your post. Can you comment on the issue without resorting to name calling and bad language.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't get the issue of just posting the disclaimer... seems like common courtesy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

I agree, whoever is running that blog has made a big deal out of nothing and why would it be such a big deal to just put up the disclaimer?

Instead, the author of the email has thrown up the emails as if there's some kind of conspiracy. Is it really necessary to be throwing up people's names when the email specifically asks for this not to happen? Where is the reply sent between these 2 emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I have to say that ulsuelect acted very unprofessional in this instance. This was a similar request which ye blew completely out of proportion

Ulsuelect is an unofficial source, why deny this (Id go as far as to say it's in your interests to put this on the page)

bazkennedy wrote: »
    I have to say that ulsuelect acted very unprofessional in this instance. This was a similar request which ye blew completely out of proportion

Ulsuelect is an unofficial source, why deny this (Id go as far as to say it's in your interests to put this on the page)

Are you actually serious? These people, who are what, a su pres, a psu pres, a glorified secretary, and a bleeding Chaplin are sending the owner of a website a demand to insert a disclaimer. These guys are deluded.

Secondly they include interviews made my tst in the official election website. Those interviews were conducted , edited and hosted by external body, just demonstrates the level of institutionalism in this place.

The admin of that site should tell this merry band of muppets to get a grip. Take it up with the host or the domain name registrar. Delusion on this college goes to the very top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

As stated in the email, the company owns the ULSU name. Rather than claiming infringement on it, which is well within their rights, they have just asked for a disclaimer on the page. ULSUElect lost a lot of my respect and support due to the childish nature in which they conducted themselves.

What company know what name?

the only company I know of University of Limerick Students Union Services Ltd which is often abbreviated to ULSU Services. They do not own or copyright the term ULSU. If you think that you are mistaken and you and your 5 thankers should read a few books before posting on this topic.

i might register ulsuis****.com tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Cadroc wrote: »
    As stated in the email, the company owns the ULSU name. Rather than claiming infringement on it, which is well within their rights, they have just asked for a disclaimer on the page. ULSUElect lost a lot of my respect and support due to the childish nature in which they conducted themselves.

Contrary to your assertion and the email sent by the University of Limerick Students' Union to ulsuelect.com as previously published, there is no copright on "ulsu" (I don't even think you can copyright that)

I believe the term people are looking for is trademark. The only trademark that is held bu ULSU (or its trading company) is the UL Wolves logo. (Source: http://www.patentsoffice.ie/)

They have no right or ground to claim any infringement (as your post is worded).

The issue here is not isolated to legal assertions of either side of the discussion.

They asked politely for you to make clear that the site is not affiliated with ULSU. It would have been pretty reasonable for you to simply have replied noting that no trademarking of the ULSU exists and seen what came of that.

Instead you appear to have ignored the initial mail and when the second one came you posted them both up as if you were' being appressed by "The Man" in some massive row.

You also said that you'd keep us all posted. The site now just has a list of the newly elected team. I'd like to know how the situation which you made public ended up?

Regardless of whether you're right about the trademark, I personally think you've fallen down at least in manners.

Please put a notice on your signature that identifies the visitor/reader of your posts, that your posts are not an official post of UL Kayak club. We have copyrighted ULKC and we know that you are trying to comment on the UL kayak club but we need to make sure that this is not perceived as an official UL kayak club post.

Could you please come back to me immediately on this, we probably only need to add something like the below on the signatre:

‘this post is a commentary on the UL kayak club and is not an official UL kayak club post anything posted by this user is not supported by UL kayak club.

We are not asking you to shut down or stop posting we just want to distance ourselves to make sure student’s don’t think it is official.

Kind regards, Is mise le meas,

While it's a valid observation, you're not one of the kayak club committee therefore I feel in no way apologetic in saying your post has added no value to the discussion.

In saying that, seeing as I have manners and seeing as you have (albeit sarcastically) pointed out that someone could construe my opinions as anything to do with ULKC I'll update my sig and see if a mod can direct me as to the possibility of changing my username.

So you see, it's not really that hard to be mannerly.

Thanks,

Tony Canning....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

roro1neil0, if you have a problem with a post or poster, report it and please refrain from backseat moderating.

spurious wrote: »
    roro1neil0, if you have a problem with a post or poster, report it and please refrain from backseat moderating.

i don't think he gets it

Advertisement