Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communications Structured Report

Options
  • 20-03-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am currently studying the FETAC course CITXX (Computer Applications and Programming)...I have distinctions in all exams taken so far, the only problem is my Communications tutor is not very helpful. Is there anybody with advice or could e-mail me samples or even just the basics of what I have to do for my Structured Report. Unfortunately I was only given the following to work off;

As part of my Communication and Work Experience modules I have been asked to do an investigation of careers in the IT sector.
    I will look for job ads online and in newspapers. As well as this I will give an overview of my work experience placement and present findings and recommendations.

I would be incredibly grateful for your help as I do not want all my hard work going for nthing because of an unhelpful tutor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

Did you do Bookkeeping ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 phelan93

Sorry what's that about??

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Our structured report involved using a project we've done (an observation on a child in this case - early childhood studies) and adding a front page, table of contents and a bibliography to it, your report above op sounds like the vocational report!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

In our centre, most of the Communications tutors use the Vocational Area Report as the structured report and do as aoshea83 said - add a front page etc. It sounds like that is what you have been asked to do. The Communications tutor will mark it as part of his/her module and the Work Experience tutor as his/hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

It could be a case that the tutor is killing two birds with one stone, a structured report and the vocational report in one, similar to doing your oral presentation using power point - oral presentation = 20marks + using a thechnological medium = 10 marks (off the top of my head!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement