Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q about rollies - do they keep?

Options
  • 19-03-2012 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I smoke straights, but recently due to price/because it's healthier/because I like the taste more I've decided to switch to rolling my own.

I need to know though, can you roll a cigarette in advance? I mean like, can I roll a fag at night, store in it in a box or tin and take it with me out to smoke the day after? or will it go dry, do I have to smoke it asap?

I ask because a lot of the time I have days when I won't have time to roll at all, I only have time to quickly grab and light up on the move... and I'm still learning to roll, and while it's still taking me a few attempts to decently it would help if I could prepare some beforehand

and if so, what should I keep it in? would an empty straight packet do or a tin or should I have them in some air tight box?

thank you! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

i recently switched to rollies also,and I've been rolling about 10 or so in the evening or night time for the following day . i find that they're still grand the next day ,i just keep them in a tin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Keep them in a resealable spare tobacco pouch for ultimate freshness. I have noticed a small degredation of the tobacco if kept in a tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Yes they're grand pre rolled. I used to just put in a tin (designed for storing pre rollies) but the previous posters suggestion of a resealable pouch is a good idea & won't cost you anything.

Are they really healthier? Personally I would have thought the opposite, i.e. more harmful,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

SteoL wrote: »
    Yes they're grand pre rolled. I used to just put in a tin (designed for storing pre rollies) but the previous posters suggestion of a resealable pouch is a good idea & won't cost you anything.

Are they really healthier? Personally I would have thought the opposite, i.e. more harmful,

I've said it to a few people and even when just using a roach rather than filters my chest cleared up massively within a few days of switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

SteoL wrote: »

Nobody in this forum is in a position to state whether one type of cigarette is 'healthier' than another.

Back on-topic please.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Nobody in this forum is in a position to state whether one type of cigarette is 'healthier' than another.

Back on-topic please.

tHB

Apologies HB wasn't my intention to breach the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

i have ( accidentally ) rolled a few and left them for 2 days and still smoked fine after being left out on the kitchen counter

but definitely a resealable jiffy bag or pouch cant be beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I've found they tend to dry out a bit and become a bit tasteless. As has already been suggested I should probably keep them in a tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I usually keep one in my pocket and they are fine, they bend rather than snap.
    My preference is org Drum, slim filters not those big foam yokes and small green papers.

And my rollies are "healthier" [wrong word] than ciggs as I roll mine really thin so I'm consuming way way less tobacco by the gram and my pouch lasts for ages but then again if you smoke lots I'm sure that would counteract very thin rollies as a means of cutting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robbie8108

there fine if you roll them the night before you should buy a tin for keeping them in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭Heckler

The reason rollies might be considered slightly "healthier" than regular cigs is because regular fags contain salt peter. This is what makes the paper burn and not go out. Leave a rollie for a minute and it will extinguish itself. Regular fags will burn away till gone. This is because of salt peter . Also a component in gunpowder and explosives and not good for the health. So rollies are arguably "healthier" than premade cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Heckler: Did you read the thread? The OP is asking how fresh a rollie will be, not if it's healthier. Then in a later post there is a clear Mod Warning that the topic of this thread is NOT about how healthy a ciggy is.
    PM me if you want any clarification.

Please post on topic.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement