Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Jim Stynes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

RIP. Terrible sad news. A true legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

RIP Jim, a true hero in all aspects of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

RIP. A true legend.
    The fact that he achieved so much in a sport he had no prior experience of is impressive. As are many of the awards he received outside of sport given the fact he was not australian born.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

RIP Jim.

You were a credit to your family, many friends, Melbourne and Ireland.

Sad Day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I'm finding it hard to take in. A young Irishman who was also a proud Australian gone. What a loss for them and for us. In sport as well as other aspects of his life Jim was a trail-blazer and the last couple of years of dreadful but dignified suffering gave an insight into a truly great human being, family man and footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

A phenomonal person, was absolutly gutted to hear this. Rest easy Jim Stynes, an incredible battle fought to the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

RIP Jimmy.

Every footy fan I have ever spoken to about Jimmy had nothing but good things to say about the man, a rare thing in footy and in life. Makes me proud to be Irish when I see how respected and revered he was by Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

I met him last year, he was just a really nice guy chatting away etc even though he looked so frail at the time. I actually thought he would pull through because he had such a great outlook. Life is cruel.
    He was a credit to Ireland and Australia and more than deserves a state funeral.
    He'll be missed.
    R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

An inspiration to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Oh God, just saw this now. Very sad. RIP Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 olearyj1

RIP Jim. One of Ireland's best ever exports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I have been hearing this all day about Jim and i have to be honest i never heard of the guy till today.
    He seemed through all accounts i have heard to have been a true genuine caring guy who was always considerate to others in need.
    So sad at his age,it's just not right sometimes,Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

RIP Jim - Such a strong man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/jim-stynes State funeral and a nice send off for the 'Big Man'

Advertisement