Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18 month rule question

Options
  • 19-03-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Quick question on the 18 month rule that has been introduced. If I was on my 2nd IEC visa and had a job opportunity from a canadian employer that was willing to get a LMO so that I could apply for the PNP visa, would the 18 month rule apply to that application? I'm dead set on staying in Canada but there isn't a hope in hell I'm going back to live in Ireland in order to get it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

jaysuz wrote: »
    Quick question on the 18 month rule that has been introduced. If I was on my 2nd IEC visa and had a job opportunity from a canadian employer that was willing to get a LMO so that I could apply for the PNP visa, would the 18 month rule apply to that application? I'm dead set on staying in Canada but there isn't a hope in hell I'm going back to live in Ireland in order to get it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No it wouldn't apply then. I'm on my second working holiday visa and couldn't go for the second IEC visa as a result of being outside Ireland for more than 18 months in the last three years.

I made my application in January for the LMO and I'm still waiting on it. It's a slow process so get going on it sooner rather than later if you can.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

Thanks, your on your 2nd working holiday visa? not 2nd iec? so I'm guessing you got your first working holiday visa through usit followed by your 1st iec? So you thinks it'll be ok to apply for the pnp after doing 2 iec's straight? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Thanks, your on your 2nd working holiday visa? not 2nd iec? so I'm guessing you got your first working holiday visa through usit followed by your 1st iec? So you thinks it'll be ok to apply for the pnp after doing 2 iec's straight? Cheers!

Are you talking about the provincial nominee program? The rules for the IEC wouldn't apply to that program..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

Great, that's what I wanted to know, Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

I see your questions answered here already.. Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement