Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo expo this wekeend

Options
  • 19-03-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I heard there was a tattoo expo on in the RSS this wekend, but can't find any info on it, the only thing I could find is the dublintattooconvenrion website with the banner on the homepage, but I think that's from last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

http://www.dublintattooconvention.com/index.html
    This information is this year's convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

That's the banner I saw, I couldn't see a year on it and when I typed in the address, 2011 came up under it in the address bar.
    Cheers for that.

Decisions to be made now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

So who's heading along to the convention this year?

I'll be there at some stage. Was going to go all three days, but it's just too much temptation that I can't afford. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

There for the weekend, booked in for 6 tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

I got some tax money refunded, so if there's someone there whose work I think suits what I want done, and has an opening, I'll be very tempted to go for it...

Cool! What are you thinking of getting done?

Cool! What are you thinking of getting done?
    I've a couple of ideas that have been milling around in my head for a long time now, so will see if there's anyone there that suits the work, and has time available!
    What time are you guys going in?

Heading in now, mark's sister is getting her first tattoo at one!

Damo, I'm very jealous! I can't even afford to get into the bloody thing! I'm raging, would have loved to go! Next year, I'll start saving early!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Won't be making it tomorrow. Way too wrecked and need my day off for sleeping!

Won't be making it tomorrow. Way too wrecked and need my day off for sleeping!
    Atavan-failin'

Well damo, did you go? Get anything done?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

His phone is off cause he's getting done right now!

Exciting!

Ooohhh! Lucky fecker :p any idea what he's getting? And who by?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Some Belfast guy... he'll have all the info and hopefully a pic later!

Yup! Addinktion tattoos from Belfast. Dre is a really really sound guy, and was super enthusiastic about my tattoo! :)
    Will stick a pic in "Show you mine" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

Any one know who was talking the pic at the expo on Friday.
    Got my first tatto done there. I saw some one talking pic at different stages of it.
    Would be nice to see them so i can see the look of pain in my face at the end :o

There were a lot of people taking photos TBH!
    I know yesterday there were a couple of girls there from Hot Press that were taking photos and interviewing some of the fairly obviously tattooed people and tattoo artists.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Yup! Addinktion tattoos from Belfast. Dre is a really really sound guy, and was super enthusiastic about my tattoo! :)
    Will stick a pic in "Show you mine" now.

My friend got work done by him at the convention too - she got a japanese-style quarter sleeve, looks lovely!

• Advertisement

You gots PM miss Jen!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

There were a lot of people taking photos TBH!
    I know yesterday there were a couple of girls there from Hot Press that were taking photos and interviewing some of the fairly obviously tattooed people and tattoo artists.

May be i should have phrased my question better

I was wondering did anyone on here take any pics as i didnt get to see any of the other work being done and there were some great artists present

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

i was a bit dissapointed at the show.
    i was expecting a lot more for 15quid a head in the door.

i know there was a good few shops there, and some of them from abroad, but i felt it was a bit pricey. not too big a deal if yoou where getting tattooed as 15 on top of the tattoo fee isnt much, but if you wherent going specifically to get tattooed that was a lot to pay.

there was some good artwork going on though.
    i really like what Knuckle from Synchronicity had at his stand. his full colour sketches looked amazing. i would had stood there watching him work if i got the chance to see him lay down the colours as he had in his sketches.
    i would have got something from him myself if i had an idea to suit that style.

Advertisement