Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best City for Work

Options
  • 19-03-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

In Oz at the moment. Have done a lot of farm work. Difficult to get work in anything else I've found if your not a tradie. I have a degree in Economics and Finance.

Going to be relocating soon and looking for advice. Can anybody rate these potential cities for work prospects/lifestyles/over population of Irish? Darwin, Cairns, Brisbane, Gold Coast? Any other options? Pretty much set on heading north for winter. Also any ideas on backpacker friendly jobs I could potentially get with my backround?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭winning

Please help I nearly had to go home last time I made a decision to relocate as there was no jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

winning wrote: »
    Please help I nearly had to go home last time I made a decision to relocate as there was no jobs.

Pretty much no help with this but I was there back in November. From talking to people who had work there for their entire lives they seemed to think the economy had peaked and things were about to get pretty tough there again.

A lady I follow on Twitter has been saying it to me too, people just got laid off in her workplace for the second time in a year.

My suggestion would be get over to America. There seems to be a bit of a resurgence happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

is it really getting back there cause me and my friend are booking our flights soon but if it's like ireland i'd have to thinking about it more

Advertisement