Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonnky's Targets Log.

Options
  • 18-03-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Right so lads. I'm starting another log. But this time I have some targets to aim at. At the moment I have 30 quid in my Powers account but I am bidding to have maybe a tenner a race for Galway in July. Thats around 510 euro, but it's starting off that will be difficult. Most of my pics will be horse racing altough there will be Gaa, soccer and a bit of rugby. There will be doubles singles triples and accumalators. Most things will be at the weekend as the racing will be better and most other sports are on then. If my thirty euro goes to 0 it will be over.

Targets:
    100 euro by Punchestown(End of April)
    500 euro by Galway(End Of July)
    700 euro by Leopardstown(End Of December)
    End Of Year target 800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Okay my first bet tonight! I have a 2 euro free bet for paddy power and its on Bendzoldan in the 7.20 at Dundalk. I live near the owner and theres a bit of a gamble on him.

Second! Beaten 2 lengths by a 25/1 shot with hardly any form! Will win one soon though no doubt, with Jessie Harrington now too!

I had another 1 euro free for games and I won 25 cent! Put it on over 1.5 goals in Madrid and Apoel at 1/14. If it wins I get 27 cent and will try and build up the 27 cent just out of interest.

Balance: Still 30 euro.

The national hunt season kicks off at Ludlow today. My 30euro ended up at nothing so I've added 20 to the account. I lost 2euro so its 18 now.

Ludlow 3.50- One Term 2pts @ 7/4

AP McCoy can get his first win on Rebbeca Curtis charge in the novice hurdle over 2 miles. In the last campaign he ran over hurdles 3 times. He was second on soft over 2mile 4furlongs at Hereford and then ran terribly over the same trip at Cheltenham. He was back to form when 3rd at Chepstow on unsuitably heavy going. those runs show he still regains his potential after a brilliant first season where he won a listed bumper, with subsequent supreme novices 4th Montbazen back in 3rd. If producing that level of form again he should win this.

Rebbeca Curtis has her horses in good form and AP will want a win to start his bid for another title. The main challenge will come from Brick Red who was classy on the flat and second on the hurdles debut.

Balance of 22.50 after that win! Target no.1 failed!

Had a few bets on Punchestown and Down Royal over last 2 days.

Down Royal-
    King Of The Refs 0.75 e.w LOSE
    Norther Bay 0.50 e.w LOSE

Punchestown-(all 0.50e.w)
    Nineteath Minute PLACE 6/1
    Gala Dancer LOSE
    Un Hinged WIN 14/1
    Frisco Depot LOSE

Current Balance: 25.65
    In Play: 0.50 e.w Merchant Of Dubai(Chester 2.35)

Good e.w chance. Graham Lee up. on a nice mark. 3rd lto of similar mark and has won off higher. stable in okay form and horse is at this type of standard. will like the ground and break will have him fresh. hopefully he's not too keen and stays the trip. should go well. Overturn and Gulf Of Naples are dangers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement