Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

if (Vii Viii iX) was announced tomorrow......

• 18-03-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

How would you react? Would the child in you beat the skeptic?

Personally, I wouldn't put myself in the position to be burned like I was for the phantom menace. As much as i'd love to experience the buzz that I felt waiting for it to start in the cinema again.

Even as I write that funnily enough I think I would be excited......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I don't know how you could be burned tho? I mean any rational person (even one with a raped childhood) would not go in expecting 7 to be rubbish after what they'd seen with 1,2,3. The only surprise could be if they somehow actually turned out to be good.

If 789 were announced tomorrow I'd be interested in seeing them, tho not in the way I was (literally) counting the days til the release of TPM in 1999. Tho that said even when I didn't like TPM it didn't change that I loved the anticipation of its release. There's feelings and memories there which I will always have. Unfortunately, experience means I simply can't feel that way about a movie anymore, but I'd trade that feeling of two years of excitement for 2 hours of disappointment again anytime if it were humanly possible. It's the feeling a lot of younger people are currently going through now with the upcoming release of Dark Knight Rises. Lucky them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

kitakyushu wrote: »
    I don't know how you could be burned tho?

Episode 7 could be really really bad, ya know, the way Ep 1 turned out...
    kitakyushu wrote:
    I mean any rational person (even one with a raped childhood) would not go in expecting 7 to be rubbish after what they'd seen with 1,2,3. The only surprise could be if they somehow actually turned out to be good.

Is that really necessary?
    kitakyushu wrote:
    If 789 were announced tomorrow I'd be interested in seeing them, tho not in the way I was (literally) counting the days til the release of TPM in 1999. Tho that said even when I didn't like TPM it didn't change that I loved the anticipation of its release. There's feelings and memories there which I will always have. Unfortunately, experience means I simply can't feel that way about a movie anymore, but I'd trade that feeling of two years of excitement for 2 hours of disappointment again anytime if it were humanly possible. It's the feeling a lot of younger people are currently going through now with the upcoming release of Dark Knight Rises. Lucky them!

So you enjoyed the build up to TPM more than the movie, & would gladly enjoy another 2 year build up only to be bitterly crushed all over again? I think its safe to say your in a minority there my friend.

As for me? No, for me the saga is finished & should be left well alone. It rides high on past success, & any more milking will taint the whole story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I probably would be some what hyped but after I-II I doubt it would be much.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭icarus86

I think i could actually get excited about 789 if Lucas had a hands off approach, some really good storys in the expanded universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

icarus86 wrote: »
    I think i could actually get excited about 789 if Lucas had a hands off approach

+1000

I can't see that happening though given that the prequels were massive success financially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I can't see that happening though given that the prequels were massive success financially.

Agreed
    In a 1999 interview with Vanity Fair, Lucas denied ever having had any plans to make nine Star Wars movies. "When you see it in six parts, you'll understand," Lucas said at the time. "It really ends at part six." When asked about the possibility of someone else taking over the film franchise, Lucas said, "Probably not, it's my thing."

Source & Wiki of The Sequel Trilogy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

I'd be interested in Red Letter Media's response to more Star wars movies :D

Advertisement