Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorting out old aircraft magazines

Options
  • 18-03-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

I have always hoarded my old aircraft magazines, and even bought a few collections off other people . I have finally decided to sort them all out, get them out of the attic and put them in some sort of shape where i can easily look through and read them . I have my own library/office in the house so i now have somewhere decent to keep them . Im looking for suggestions as to whether or how i should store, bind them together . I have stuff going back over 50 years, so i know i wont get official binders etc for them . Also, given the times we are in, i am looking to not spend a lot of money doing it either . All reasonable suggestions welcome, unlike my wife, who would like to see me build a very big bonfire .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

unlike my wife, who would like to see me build a very big bonfire .

Which is similar to what happened to my collection (from the early 80's onwards) :eek::(. These days I'm only allowed magazines in adobe pdf format!:pac:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I have a nerd cupboard with all my aviation stuff packed away.............some day I hope the kids will move out so I can have a den/study with it all on shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

My wife can't wait for me to die. So she can get rid of everything.

On the other hand, my revenge is two sons. They will keep up the family tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

A mate of mine collects Flypast magazine, He has a lot of them in Flypast supplied binders which have a kind of vertical wire on the inside ? Keeps them neat and tidy and easy to read. But they are expensive at £7 + postage !

Maybe if you could check out a good stationary shop they might have something similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I've piles of 'Airplane' magazines from the early '90s (ish) in the family home, no idea what to do with them. There were about 200 issues and I only missed a few, always thought about picking up the missing ones.

My only comment on storage is that keeping them in a big stack (like mine are) compresses the lower ones a lot, which might damage the spines long-term.

• Advertisement
Advertisement