Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easter holidays in co clare

Options
  • 18-03-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭

Myself, hubbie and son are hoping to go away for a few days in Ireland over the easter break and go to co. Clare. Planning to spend a day in bunratty park and another day in aillwee caves in burren.
    after that we are not sure where to stay, where to eat, what to do.
    when I was young we would spend a week at the height of summer in kilkee and loved it. Would there be any life around it at easter?
    any suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Myself, hubbie and son are hoping to go away for a few days in Ireland over the easter break and go to co. Clare. Planning to spend a day in bunratty park and another day in aillwee caves in burren.
    after that we are not sure where to stay, where to eat, what to do.
    when I was young we would spend a week at the height of summer in kilkee and loved it. Would there be any life around it at easter?
    any suggestions welcome!

There is lots of potential ideas of places to go in this thread here after ye do the buratty,aillwee cave things, lots for all ages: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056340268

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Clare Inn is the spot to base yourselves. Kids Club, Pool, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Naveydevil

Hi ya, I just read your post as I was looking through boards forum. I know Kilkee last Easter was very busy as I was there myself and the weather was great. A bit like it is at the moment. Anyways I know Nevsail watersports are running kids watersports camps during Easter. They also run family programmes for kids and parents and courses as well. Check out www.nevsailwatersports.ie or phone 0863308236 to contact them. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The following website may be of help when you are selecting accommodation, it has everything - Camping, B&Bs, Hostel, Self Catering and 3*, 4* & 5* Hotels.

http://www.clare.ie/accommodation/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pebbles82

There's Easter egg hunts on in Bunratty castle folk park and Cragganowen over the weekend at the normal rates of entry for the parks. Easter Sunday mass at 06.30am at Two mile Gate on the shore of Lough Derg near Kilalloe if you fancy an early rise and to watch the sun rise over the lake. Hope you have a great time and the weather shines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

finbarrk wrote: »
    The Clare Inn is the spot to base yourselves. Kids Club, Pool, etc.
    I thought the Clare Inn went out of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

MyKeyG wrote: »
    No, I was at a function in the Clare Inn a couple of weeks ago. The Clare Inn is very much OPEN for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

MyKeyG wrote: »

They are in receivership right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The Clare Inn is still open, it is in receivership and it was being advertised for sale in the Irish Times a couple of weeks ago.

Advertisement