Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Cork can i buy unusual colour hair dye (preferably semi-permanent) URGENT

Options
  • 18-03-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    So i signed up to the shave or dye campaign for the Irish Cancer Society and i daftly allowed people who donated to choose the colour.
    Now RAINBOW coloured hair is winning but i'm having real problems getting any interesting colours of dye. Being Rainbow i'd really prefer to go semi permanent.

Does anyone know of anywhere i can get a few interesting colours. Think along the lines of the strong colours goths use.
    I'm supposed to be doing it on Tuesday, which clearly means i'm running out of time.
    Please can anyone help me?

Kind regards
    LM4L
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Hi folks.
    So i signed up to the shave or dye campaign for the Irish Cancer Society and i daftly allowed people who donated to choose the colour.
    Now RAINBOW coloured hair is winning but i'm having real problems getting any interesting colours of dye. Being Rainbow i'd really prefer to go semi permanent.

Does anyone know of anywhere i can get a few interesting colours. Think along the lines of the strong colours goths use.
    I'm supposed to be doing it on Tuesday, which clearly means i'm running out of time.

Kind regards
    LM4L
    moonshine in paul street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hi folks.

Kind regards
    LM4L

You do realise that to get colours to show up means you will need to bleach your hair first, unless it's already blonde. Semi permanent doesn't exactly mean semi permanent, it means it will be strong at first and then fade into a less strong colour. You will most likely have to wait til it grows out or re-dye it back to the original colour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 poutie

Hennesy's in Sarfields Road, by driving test centre do Crazy Colours, semi permanent colour, I did Shave or Dye this year and thats what I used. About €5 a bottle, I needed two, and they are open on Sundays, prices are vat free too on Sun I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

what Pythia said ;) alternatives would be looking at the spray colours in Boots & this although I've never tried it:
    http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/hair-chalking-could-you-be-arsed/

edited to add:
    think this is the one I've seen in Boots:
    http://www.colourfx.eu/
    party supply shops etc would have similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

what Pythia said ;) alternatives would be looking at the spray colours in Boots & this although I've never tried it:
    http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/hair-chalking-could-you-be-arsed/

edited to add:
    think this is the one I've seen in Boots:
    http://www.colourfx.eu/
    party supply shops etc would have similar
    they apparently stopped doing that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

I went into moonshine in paul street yesterday and got 5 great colours. I have my hair done now and i quite like it, i have to say

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/cliodhna_crowley/19032012556.jpg

Thanks again folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

it looks awesome :) it suits you - very pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Josie_tickle

Pythia wrote: »
    You do realise that to get colours to show up means you will need to bleach your hair first, unless it's already blonde. Semi permanent doesn't exactly mean semi permanent, it means it will be strong at first and then fade into a less strong colour. You will most likely have to wait til it grows out or re-dye it back to the original colour.

In case anyone is referring to this post now a days this comment is not true.

The colours will show up on fair hair without bleach, but if it's pastel you want you'll need to bleach. Make sure you use a bowl and tinting brush and carefully section your hair as you go to get it even.

The colours are non staining so they lift with acetone (nail varnish remover) and usually wash out from clothes. Some of the red hues (pink fuscia etc) are harder to get rid of.

The hair will NOT be coloured forever, depending on what you've done prior. If your hair if freshly bleached wait a few days or the colour will stick like glue and you'll not get rid of it for months especially deep vibrant colours like red, deep green and blue. Pastels are lighter and shift quicker.

You can make pastel colours by using 50% colour 50% conditioner mix in a bowl until homogenous. The colours do fade but unless you put a bright colour onto freshly bleached hair and leave it a long time you'll be ok.

If you want to shift colour quicker use washing up lighuid e.g platinum fairy liquid. You'll need a good conditioner for this I suggest L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Extreme Repairing Conditioner (purple bottle not white) I only ever see it in Tesco but it's THE best thing under a tenner. Go forth and dye !

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Jeez, DO NOT FOLLOW THE ADVICE ABOVE!

That is unbelievably dangerous and based on a complete lack of knowledge of the chemistry of hair colour.

Acetone should never used as a hair colour remover. It's a highly flammable solvent and you will burn your scalp.

It's obvious that the above poster is not a trained professional as they clearly have no understanding about the way direct dyes work on the hair. There are safe ways to remove direct dyes effectively providing the colour hasn't been reapplied to porous hair and stained the cuticle layers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

MinnieMinx wrote: »
    Jeez, DO NOT FOLLOW THE ADVICE ABOVE!

That is unbelievably dangerous and based on a complete lack of knowledge of the chemistry of hair colour.

Acetone should never used as a hair colour remover. It's a highly flammable solvent and you will burn your scalp.

It's obvious that the above poster is not a trained professional as they clearly have no understanding about the way direct dyes work on the hair. There are safe ways to remove direct dyes effectively providing the colour hasn't been reapplied to porous hair and stained the cuticle layers.

I think she meant that acetone can remove any colour that has stained clothes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread locked. This thread is from 2012, please don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement