Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is a time waster??

Options
  • 17-03-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

just wondering what is a "time waster"

what i may think is a time waster others may not so whats your view?

i have my mh for sale and just getting people calling for a spin and waste 1.5 hrs of my time, on a number of accasions, thay cannot find a fault with the mh but will not make a deasent offer,:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

you never really know one day you will get the one it suits , i guess you all ready know its a buyers market right now not much cash floating around , but saying that motor home prices are holding up well , best wishes with sale ps keep in mind the one you think is a tire kicker may well be the one you are waiting for

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Buying a motorhome is a very touchy-feely thing, IMO

You need to spend quite a lot of time snooping around, exploring cupboards and fittings, imagining spending rainy days in there, see how beds are made and unmade, have the gas and water explained, etc, etc.

You don't just walk round once, take it for a quick spin, look under the hood and make an offer :D

And yes, it does happen that having spent all that time, it just doesn't feel right and you have to walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

what about the lad who spent an hour looking, 20mins driving,
    liked what he seen and drove, couldnt find a fault with anything,

then offered under half the asking price (with a smirk and comment about it being a buyers market):rolleyes: is this a time waster?

another lad like you said wanted beds made up, see everything working i.e. hob/oven/grill/boiler/shower/tv/satellite/lights/heater/ac/windows opening closing/test drive, at the end of it all he commented that he couldnt find anything wrong, said the layout didnt suite him, then made stupid offer (again under half asking price) is this a time waster?

then i got a call from a chancer wanting me to bring mh to him in kilkenny to see if he liked it!! then when i told him it would be easier to bring mahammed to the mountain, then asked would i take stupid offer again, (i'm still laughting when i think of this lad:o) again another time waster?

another lad came walked into mh with muddy boots:mad: negative comments flying everywhere,:o had a look around dragged doors open without pushing retaining clip, slammed them shut again, wanted to know if the sh***er was working,then final straw came when he stood up on cushion with same muddy boots:mad::mad: and couldnt figure why i told him to get out and f**k off and not to come back,

i could write a book about the calls and visitors i got since advertising the mh since just after the new year,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

welcome to our world........ and then people wonder why we close sundays....

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

A time waster is someone who comes to view your 30k motorhme and arrives in a 1995 Nissan something or other with kids and dog in tow on a Sunday afternoon at 4pm. Ah sure we said we 'd come down for the spin....... ah the layout doesn't really suit us (even though you have 10 photos on the ad)
    There are hundreds of them out there.

• Advertisement

muint wrote: »
    A time waster is someone who comes to view your 30k motorhme and arrives in a 1995 Nissan something or other with kids and dog in tow on a Sunday afternoon at 4pm. Ah sure we said we 'd come down for the spin....... ah the layout doesn't really suit us (even though you have 10 photos on the ad)
    There are hundreds of them out there.

he was here last sunday week!!!:( in a battered primera

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭velosolex

I sold mine, three days from advertising to the first viewer. How? The price was realistic! I know several people who purchased vehicles for 30% less than the advertised price. The revenue base the VRT on the advertised price of motorhomes, no wonder people complain about excessive VRT amounts.

velosolex wrote: »
    I sold mine, three days from advertising to the first viewer. How? The price was realistic! I know several people who purchased vehicles for 30% less than the advertised price. The revenue base the VRT on the advertised price of motorhomes, no wonder people complain about excessive VRT amounts.

my price isnt over the top, the problem is that i advertised the mh as it is, i.e. perfect condition with the truth told in my wording,:)

i have seen buckets of sh1t when i was looking for my one and would have bought them for 50% of advertised price if i had made the offer,:eek:

Advertisement