Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Japan after Secondary School?

Options
  • 17-03-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi there, after I finish the Leaving Cert, I want to go to Japan to study Art. But I'm not too sure if I should go to collage in Ireland then go. Do I need a Bachelor degree before I go or can I go after that.

Right now I'm studying for the Junior Cert, but I just want to be sure before I leave. I chose Japanese as one of my Leaving Cert subjects because I'm not going to do Transition Year.

Thank You for Reading.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RadioClash

Never lived in Japan but have visited several times. The Japanese Arts (not just visual and their traditional art) is something I've long admired, their attention to detail and how they view the world. Would be a brave move, but if you're confident you can get your Japanese up to standard in time you'll have an amazing and fulfilling experience.

May I ask why you wish to go to Japan specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

Because I really want to study Manga and Japanese Animation, and its better to study where its Originated. I'm also hoping to get a job as a Professional Animator and Manga Artist there. I also want to study Game Designing and Game Art there. These have been my dreams for a long time, and I want to get ready before I finish Secondary School

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RadioClash

Because I really want to study Manga and Japanese Animation, and its better to study where its Originated. I'm also hoping to get a job as a Professional Animator and Manga Artist there. I also want to study Game Designing and Game Art there. These have been my dreams for a long time, and I want to get ready before I finish Secondary School

Two thumbs up. Go for it! :)

Advertisement