Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working/living in oz info??

Options
  • 17-03-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

just wondering has anyone worked in oz etc..

going over in september and just trying to decide what city to go to and that?

i have never being there and was wondering if work is as plentiful as everyones says.

have degree in construction management so thats the area of work i hope to get into.

any info would be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

No jimmy nobody has ever worked in Oz. Sorry its been a long night . .

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy11

great help there cheers:)

Ok I was only Joking

Rest assured there is work here you will have to work at making contacts and networking to get it. Be very forward with employers.

I cant say fairer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy11

i no you were joking mate hence the smiley face.

and i appreciate you replying.

would it be worth while tryin to have a job got before i head out or is that not as easy as it sounds>?

From replys on here its not as easy as it sounds.

The response tends to be "See you when you land".

Fact is you just have to Take the plunge see how you go.

That siad it is not impossible to secure employment from abroad but I dont know how to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Zambia wrote: »
    From replys on here its not as easy as it sounds.

The response tends to be "See you when you land".

Fact is you just have to Take the plunge see how you go.

That siad it is not impossible to secure employment from abroad but I dont know how to do it.

just go over.

you dont need this and that.

This forum scares you out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

This forum encourages people to make the move and provides a lot of GOOD FREE info on how to do it.

No one here can tell you if you'l get a job, maybe if some people do a little more reasearch on the likes of seek.com.au they will have a better idea on whats available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

just go over.

you dont need this and that.

This forum scares you out of it!

This forum is realistic and I have found it extremely helpful. Not everyone will land here and get their Ideal job. Some will but most who do have prepared well or are in sought after professions with good experience or if not have a hell of a lot of luck. It is not difficult to get a job here if you have the correct qualifications and the correct visa. It is difficult if you don’t.
    Its sad seeing some people come over here getting to know them and seeing them struggle and then go home particularly if there is a way a bit of advice could have prevented that before they came over.
    That’s why we don’t all say yea sure you’ll be grand to such vague questions as in the OP!

Advertisement