Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thai islands trip

Options
  • 17-03-2012 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend are going to SE Asia in June. We are planning on flying into Bangkok and going to the Thai islands for 20 or so days.

What are the most common and cost effective ways people get from Bangkok to the islands? What islands would people recommend? Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Hey,

You can fly direct to Kho Samui from Bangkok. If your going to Kho Tao or Kho Phangan it might be cheaper to fly to Surat Thani, then get a bus&boat ticket. Takes about 4hrs. I heard the train is cheap, but is much longer. Got all our flights on airasia.

We stayed on Salad Hat beach in the north-west of kho phangan. Was kinda quiet, but that was what we wanted. Didnt visit Kho Tao or Kho Samui.

We also spent 4 days in Krabi. Nice place, best to stay away from the town. Ao Nang beach was amazing.

Advertisement