Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Options
  • 17-03-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

I'm taking my little Romahome out tonight for the fIrst time this year.

What a night to choose! -2 promised for the area I'll be in.
    Hopefully I will have enough guiness inside me not to notice!!!.:D

REALITY IS AN ILLUSION CAUSED BY THE LACK OF INTOXICATING LIQUOR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Best of luck and enjoy.

We went down to the Glen of Atherloe last weekend for our first trip out this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Thanks HereAndThere,

I'm just going to leitrim for a music session so it should be good.

Haven't used the camper or the guitar for 4 mths so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

I'm taking my little Romahome out tonight for the fIrst time this year.

What a night to choose! -2 promised for the area I'll be in.
    Hopefully I will have enough guiness inside me not to notice!!!.:D

REALITY IS AN ILLUSION CAUSED BY THE LACK OF INTOXICATING LIQUOR
    enjoy your night,
    sounds like a bit of craic (plenty of stout will keep the cold at bay);)

enjoy your night,
    sounds like a bit of craic (plenty of stout will keep the cold at bay);)

Cold? what cold?

I can assure, I didn't feel a thing after leaving the bar at about 3.30.

Great craic, just a pity that my guitar didn't work quite as well as the camper.:Dhic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

good fun was had so? Had a super weekend in Sligo myself , parked within earshot of the waves...

• Advertisement

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    good fun was had so? Had a super weekend in Sligo myself , parked within earshot of the waves...

Ah well, there's the difference you see, being retired I get too much peace and quiet.

Coming originaly from a seaside town I can well appreciate how you felt.
    There is nothing like the sound of breaking waves or the sun setting/rising over the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Pjwal

Went to Kerry for paddys weekend, first trip out for the year. Had a fantastic weekend. Kids loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Pjwal wrote: »
    Went to Kerry for paddys weekend, first trip out for the year. Had a fantastic weekend. Kids loved it.

As a matter of interest what part of Kerry, as it is one of my favourite locations in Ireland.

sunchaser wrote:
    Pjwal wrote:

As a matter of interest what part of Kerry, as it is one of my favourite locations in Ireland.

Tralee for Friday and Saturday and banna beech for Sunday and Monday. I love the campsite in Tralee but my friend was in banna so joined up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

POX, the one bloody weekend I wasn't here...... Ah well..

I fired up the big blue funbus today for the first time in a few months and took her out for a wee spin. Running the finest I must say, although it does need an aul airing out and a hoover of them dead feckin files. and with a bit of a dusting and the winter cobwebs blown away we're heading to kerry for the week next month. The week when I fall over the big 30. Looking forward to getting out again on the road.

May take a pit stop in Aglish on the road down.

• Advertisement

i await your visit with bated breath... though I think you don't rally exist seeing as we're always "just" missing each other! lol!

i await your visit with bated breath... though I think you don't rally exist seeing as we're always "just" missing each other! lol!

I asked Oilvia to order me a small waste tank there yesterday and knowing me I'll probably be too cheap to have it sent out. Excuse to swing by on our way down......

Now that you mention it, I could say the same thing about you. You could also be a figment of my imagination..... Wouldn't be the fir time I've had imaginary friends, although the last time was many many years ago.....:o

I asked Oilvia to order me a small waste tank there yesterday and knowing me I'll probably be too cheap to have it sent out. Excuse to swing by on our way down......

Now that you mention it, I could say the same thing about you. You could also be a figment of my imagination..... Wouldn't be the fir time I've had imaginary friends, although the last time was many many years ago.....:o

I used to have imaginary friends too.
    It was great when I started hearing voices in my head because I could then hold proper conversations with them:D.

I used to have imaginary friends too.
    It was great when I started hearing voices in my head because I could then hold proper conversations with them:D.

I find its when they start answering you back its time to start worrying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Made the most of the good weather and spent 2 nights in the hidden valley,it looked fab all ready for the new season well laid out and very thing was spotless Wicklow looks stunning in the sun,i still have to have a moan about the cost €26 per night and they wanted €1 for a shower to top that,it would be better value if you had kids with you the play ground and park look the businesses,i will be back its a grand spot to explore the garden county from

Made the most of the good weather and spent 2 nights in the hidden valley,it looked fab all ready for the new season well laid out and very thing was spotless Wicklow looks stunning in the sun,i still have to have a moan about the cost €26 per night and they wanted €1 for a shower to top that,it would be better value if you had kids with you the play ground and park look the businesses,i will be back its a grand spot to explore the garden county from

Hidden valley? Where be this now, or is it a secret?

Hidden valley? Where be this now, or is it a secret?

It's in Wicklow. Fabulous spot. Can't think of the name of the village it's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

Pjwal wrote: »
    It's in Wicklow. Fabulous spot. Can't think of the name of the village it's in.

Rathdrum, methinks.

Rathdrum, methinks.

yes, thats the one. and not too far away is the river valley campsite, which is another very good one,

I find its when they start answering you back its time to start worrying.....

and worse again when you start disagreeing with them...:D

• Advertisement

and worse again when you start disagreeing with them...:D

It's interesting when it comes to fisticuffs I can tell you!:eek:

Advertisement