Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus Vengeance

Options
  • 17-03-2012 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

i bought the Blood and Sand / Gods of The Arena bluray boxset last week, and have just finished watching blood and sand.

I have Vengeance saved, up to the latest episode. Can i go straight into that or do i need to watch Gods Of The Arena first

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Yeah watch Gods of the Arena first, some of the characters and the storylines in it are carried over to Vengeance. Plus it is more Batiatus so you can not go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Yeah watch Gods of the Arena first, some of the characters and the storylines in it are carried over to Vengeance. Plus it is more Batiatus so you can not go wrong.

thanks, what's it like watching a different actor playing spartacus, does he pass it off well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Yeah definately have to watch them in order. The new season is pretty good. Enjoying it.
    The new Spartacus (Liam McIntyre) is very good btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

johndoe99 wrote: »
    thanks, what's it like watching a different actor playing spartacus, does he pass it off well.

Its a matter of opinion. Personally I think he's terrible. Dodgy actor, poor build compared to other cast members and Andy, looks uncomfortable in fight scenes. I tried to give him time to grow into the role but I just watched episode 8 of vengeance and I dont think he's improved that much at all.

Some of the characters in Gods of the Arena continue into Vengeance though and theres so many great characters that its still very watchable. If you end up thinking McIntyre is ok it will be all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

thanks for ur input lads, will start watching Gods of The Arena next.

It's a shame Batiatus was killed off, would like to have seen him in Vengeance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement