Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sim only tesco mobile

Options
  • 17-03-2012 1:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

I don't seem to be able to sign up for a sim only plan with tesco mobile!!
    is there any other way apart from online?

"We Are Unable To Offer You This Plan At This Time, Please Choose Another Great Value Plan From The "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

It might be related to the outage yesterday.

Try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Wait an hour or two to try again. There is a n issue with one element of the order sign up process that will be resovled shortly.

regards
    Paul

Should be ok now..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gsm_42

Should be ok now..

no is not, I'm trying to sing up for this plan since 2 weeks, I've even got pay as you go sim pack and tryed to upgrade to pay monthly and still no joy.
    Any ideas?

gsm_42 wrote: »
    no is not, I'm trying to sing up for this plan since 2 weeks, I've even got pay as you go sim pack and tryed to upgrade to pay monthly and still no joy.
    Any ideas?

Hi there

Please give our telesales a call and ask them to process for you. Sometimes based on your details we are not able to offer you a Pay Monthly plan. They can walk you through.

1800 800 089

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Comrade Zed

I ported my no. over yesterday, signed up to a capped monthly plan and received a copy of my contract by email. When can I start using the service?

On another note, I can't sign in to my account. I get an error message saying The system could not log you in.

I ported my no. over yesterday, signed up to a capped monthly plan and received a copy of my contract by email. When can I start using the service?

On another note, I can't sign in to my account. I get an error message saying The system could not log you in.

Hi Zed

You are active now I would say. issue with online is resolved i think now.

PM me your number and I will check your account to confirm

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gsm_42

Hi there

Please give our telesales a call and ask them to process for you. Sometimes based on your details we are not able to offer you a Pay Monthly plan. They can walk you through.

1800 800 089

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul
    I'm just curious what reason would that be? Surname or the address? Because I couldn't get any further. And I've asked my friend to try too and no one of them were able to get through. So my point is so to me looks like that sim only plan is just another advertising trick for sell people caped plans, especially that what appearing on the screen right after.
    And preventing your questio did I have tryed your telesales, yes I have and they weren't much help either.

Regards

gsm_42 wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    I'm just curious what reason would that be? Surname or the address? Because I couldn't get any further. And I've asked my friend to try too and no one of them were able to get through. So my point is so to me looks like that sim only plan is just another advertising trick for sell people caped plans, especially that what appearing on the screen right after.
    And preventing your questio did I have tryed your telesales, yes I have and they weren't much help either.

Regards

Hi there

No, we sell many SIM Only plans. We cannot offer SIM Only to every one though - for many people PAYG or Capped are more suitable.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4 summerdayz

It would be really helpful if Tescomobile informed people of their criteria. Time is money. I hate wasting both.

• Advertisement

summerdayz wrote: »
    It would be really helpful if Tescomobile informed people of their criteria. Time is money. I hate wasting both.

Hi there

I am afraid it doesnt work that way with any application that involves credit. You will find most if not all operators have very similar processes.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

That's garbage. No meaningful credit details were taken from me when I applied for the cheapest sim only plan, and I got this same message.

And here's the giveaway at the end of the page:
    "Click here to buy capped plan"

I suppose it's the usual story: If it looks too good to be true, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MickyS

Exactly the same happened to me.. No explanation why they didn't give me the deal. I have been searching for hidden or nasty tricks about Tesco and no one has mentioned anything. I would love to hear from anyone that has got the €10 per month deal...

Advertisement