Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA TV Monthly Subscription

Options
  • 16-03-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone using or know about the new NBA TV monthly subscription $5.99 p/month

I used the trial for the league pass and it was excellent not sure how this compares

What do you get for your money?

How many live games? Can you watch archived games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

You get this free with the league pass subscription (at the moment anyway).

Basically it's a tv channel and I don't think you can control what you view. It's just a 24/7 basketball channel. I've seen some old classic games on it and I think they show live games too but as I have league pass I don't really check it much. I'd say it's good but would recommend the full league pass if you can afford that bit extra. I'll keep an eye on what they're showing over the next few nights and report back. I don't really stay up that late though so would miss most of the live games if they are shown. Thats why I find league pass great as you can watch any game at any time with the option of condensed highlights.

Here's today's schedule on nba tv. http://www.nba.com/nbatv/schedule/ so that's what you get really.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MadDad

Thanks gammon the link to schedule a good help, ye does seem like the league pass has a lot more of what I'm looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

http://www.nba.tv/nbatv/subscribe

Check out the new offers.

You can now subscribe for the playoffs including all remaining games and even just for individual games if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 annabelleh

i was thinking of getting nba tv live subscription as well but not sure what it is...

if its a tv channel where is it viewed? because i know the league pass it on tablet, mobile and pc
    but i was wanting something i can watch on TV.
    Also if its a channel, do you have to download or install an app for it?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I was thinking of getting a league pass, but it's fairly expensive, anyone want to go halves on it?

We could share an account or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Jamez735 wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a league pass, but it's fairly expensive, anyone want to go halves on it?

We could share an account or something?

How would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

buyer95 wrote: »
    How would that work?

Create a mutual account and share the sign in details with each other.

How much would it cost if we went halves?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

buyer95 wrote: »
    How much would it cost if we went halves?

Package is 167 in total so nearly 85 quid each each for people to go halves. Would be tough to do though. One person would have to pay the entire thing online then get the money off the other. Not sure whether you can be logged into multiple computers at the same time either.

On second thought, I think I'll pass

You can get a mobile league pass for €40 on android. You get 40 Live Games Per week, which is plenty for me ;)

In fact, they have a free trial out now and it seems pretty good,

Although it's kinda annoying to get the app, you either have to root your phone, change the location to somewhere in the US, then download via Google Play

Alternatively, you can download the apk online,

The App is called NBA Game Time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Signed up for the NBA League Pass trial. The lack of ad's/analysis is actually really annoying. Looking at a blank screen every time there is a timeout or break.

Sitting looking at a blank screen for 15 mins during half time really sucks.

Is there a better way to watch with full coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Signed up for the NBA League Pass trial. The lack of ad's/analysis is actually really annoying. Looking at a blank screen every time there is a timeout or break.

Best thing to do is just switch over to another game during half-time mate, that's what I do anyway. The blank breaks during the game are pretty annoying but you get used to it after a couple of weeks. I usually just mess around on Boards etc during the breaks.

Rooney10 wrote: »

I like to switch between other games that are being broadcasted at the same time during breaks or at half time, or as Pauly D said, check out boards

Don't forget the free trial is ending after tonight.

Back to normal sleeping times for me.

Don't forget the free trial is ending after tonight.

Back to normal sleeping times for me.

:(

I know streaming games can be messy, but I know of a great site to download them the next day.

PM for link,

If you really couldn't be bothered, you can catch a 2 minute recap of any game on nba gametime, ;)

Thanks but I'll go back to doing what I used to do and watching the recap like you said. Saves alot of time and internet bandwith. :D

Advertisement