Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Skyrim MMO,Elder Scrolls Online announcement comming in May 2012.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

the topic should really say announcement in may the game is probably years away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

the topic should really say announcement in may the game is probably years away
    Thank's, fixed it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

May not be as long as you reckon...

Supposed to be out next year apparently

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm surprised bethesda aren't making this.......maybe there concentrating on something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Zenimax is the big media company that encompasses Bethesda, id and a few others, so it's not leaving the company. Just going into its MMO division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

They actually said its set for a late 2013 release..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

It's going to have a monthly subscription. I can't see this doing well.
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/21/4643856/elder-scrolls-online-monthly-subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/21/4643856/elder-scrolls-online-monthly-subscription

ESO is way way off yet. That's a bit pricey for a monthly sub alright.

FF ARR is launching on Tuesday and has a monthly sub. And many are still willing to pay. If a game is worth it, people have no prob paying. Too little is known about ESO right now to make any proper decision imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I see lemming-syndrome is alive and well in the MMO industry. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I prefer a sub over cash shops so hopefully its a more traditional mo i might check out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I prefer a sub over cash shops so hopefully its a more traditional mo i might check out.

I do too, but invariably there'll be a mad dash to convert TSO to a F2P MMO about 12 months after it releases because most of the casual player base have departed taking their money with them exactly as has happened with pretty much every other P2P MMO of the last few years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

RopeDrink wrote: »
    It can work - I mean, check out Path of Exile - A polished gem of a game where the only payments you can make offer merely cosmetic bonuses, unlike other games I've played where it's pretty much mandatory to use the P2P Shop in order to compete (ie. P2Win). After I quit WoW I said I'd never go back to monthly subs again - Then again as far as gaming and it's industry is concerned I never say these things too seriously.

Curious to see how this pans out but I won't hold my breath on it.
    A F2P game still has to make as much money as a subscription game to be able to pay for things so P2Win in some form is pretty much mandatory (or people will simply not pay) which usually comes in some form of exp/cash bonus which makes the last 20% of the game bearable vs. a royal pain (WoT for example).

Advertisement